RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saddest anime moments and endings (A.K.A. spoiler heaven)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NR
The Great White Bear of Sunflower Street

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Saddest anime moments and endings (A.K.A. spoiler heaven) Reply with quote

Let's discuss moments in anime/manga that really hit home with you. What ones just left your jaw on the ground and possibly a litter water in the eyes?

Is there a general series/movie that you hold as the saddest piece of anime ever?

For me [SPOILER AHOY] the #1 saddest moment is the ending of Cowboy Bebop. Whoa. That ending is like, possibly the greatest ending I've ever seen in entertainment of any medium. Wow. Even after 5 or 6 times of seeing it, the impact is still there. That "bang" still just gets me. Sad [END SPOILER]

Last edited by NR on Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
DemonEdge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me its one of the newest animes out right now....ELFEN LIED. The series isn't quite done yet, (well atleast I don't have all the DVD's yet) but one of the epoisodes in vol.2.....omg....there's this thing with the violence and damn....... Shocked its sick but its very intertaining...

Spoiler below

Nuu/Lucy is fighting Nana and she uses her powers to heartlessly tear this girl apart....ugh...the carnage is horrible...chops her legs and hands off....

[b]Kono kuni wa mada, hont˘ no hero wo shiranai ....[/b]
Q
Ass sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well since I wanna actaully watch those movies I avoided the whole question part and I'l put down an anime I thought impacted me strong.

METROPOLIS.

*spolier below*

the ending of the movie is very impactful when the andriod girl I forgot her name dies. that hit home. She was so confused that was sad.
NR
The Great White Bear of Sunflower Street

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMMmmm, just watch The End of Evangelion with my housemate the other night. He had neevr seen the series so we watched the whole thing + the movie in a week Shocked

But yeah, there are some really sad parts in there. The part...
*SPOILER APPROACHES*.........when the Eva series gangs up on Asuka, and it looks like she's gonna fend them off, but they regenerate and take her out......oh man *END SPOILER*

....I was so sad I felt like I was gonna vomit.... Sad
Owozifa
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh where to begin...text is small and white below spoiler notices. You shouldn't be able to read it without squinting or highlighting it.

Grave of the Fireflies
Just very, very sad. Kinda goes beyond description.

Giant Robo
BIG SPOILER...DO NOT LOOK! Or do, if you don't care.
Ginrei dies! NO!

Now and Then, Here and There
(When anime goes up this will be my first review.)
The whole show just rapes your mind, it's a combination of what happens and HOW it happens. You'd just have to watch it...but here are some SPOILERS!
Okay, most of the characters die.
The thing about his show though is how realistically everything is portrayed. If it were real life, you just feel that things would happen like that. That's real life. That's why I think you really come out of it depressed. However, it also has that quality of perseverance...I shall talk more about it later (in review, I hope)

Nadia
(Perhaps the second review?)
The show is great, but the sad moment is a SPOILER!
Jean gets shot. That and Marie's parents dying although that's less spoilerish.

Sad anime...also, others people have listed. Cowboy Bebop was escpecially good suggestion. I have others...but my post is already long.
True Gamer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, Grave of the Fireflies is one of the saddest films (not just Anime) I've ever seen.

Bebop also had a pretty tragic ending.

Also if you've seen Trigun then you already know about the character in my sig... Sad
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GotF was depressing all the way through, if I were any less manly I would have cried at the end.

Other :

Cowboy Bebop's ending and some of the Faye moments at the end

NaTHaT, sadness▓

Saikano, the ending in particular but episode 9 was harsh
20th Century Boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grave of Fireflies is indeed extremely depressing. Terrific movie though.

It was the most depressing anime i had ever seen....until i saw Samurai X: Reflection. I watched all 95 episodes of the TV series, the "movie", the prequel OVAs, and then finally this. Man, a huge attachment to the characters by this point and they just let the viewer have it. I'm a 21 year old male, and i cried my eyes out the first time i watched it.

Now i realize not everyone is a fan of Kenshin. That's fine, but you should at least check out all of the OVAs. While the TV show is great, the OVAs are some of the best anime, if not THE best anime i've ever seen. Definately worth checking out. Just be warned about Reflection.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the TV series up til the episode where **SPOILER** Shishio died.

*End Spoiler* Also I watched the movie. I haven't continute the series yet, or watched the OVA's but I've heard I'm severely missing out with the latter.

Edit by NR: Dammit, LiQuid! mark your spoilers :p
a$$

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did, in this action, resurrect one of the older threads available. However, I don't give a flying fuck. So a few days ago, I was hanging out with one of my friends at his place. He is a total japanophile, and, when I walked out the door, he surprised me with a copy of Grave of the Fireflies. I figured, whatever, I actually recognize the name of the studio. Flashback to childhood - My Neighbor Totoro (Not only one of the first movies I ever watched, and the first one I remember watching, but also my first anime ever) - and I'm like "Okay, I can handle it; its probably good..."

I finally got around to watching it today, and, not turned off by the cryptic name, I expected something not necessarily lighthearted (I have seen other films by this studio, in specific their front man... M... something... on Cartoon Network last year because they cut my Saturday pastime (watching crappy anime shows) and replaced it with a spotlight of that dude, and the movies were good, on the whole, if not as happy as Totoro). What I didn't expect was this. It is a very startling view of war from the invaded's point of view. It is scary - ominous - and on the whole, very depressing. Notwithstanding, I must admit, it is incredibly well done, and probably one of the better movies ever made, yet beyond that, it is simply sad. Well, tomorrow, I guess, I'll return this to my friend, and try to forget, at least, for a while.
Owozifa
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I turned on the TV today and happend upon Oban Star Racers on Toon Disney. Man that show was SAD. I cried my eyes out and probably got filled with cancer. It was so depressing I wanted to kill myself. Not being very bright, I choked myself to unconciousness with a PS2 controller cable. I woke up and the show was over, so I'm still alive today.
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me there have only been 3 animes I've actually teared up on...

Grave of The Fireflies (If you've seen it you know, if you haven't seen it get it NOW it is one of the best pieces of cinema ever created)

Now and Then Here and There (This show is brutal to you mentally, It is still one of my all time favorite animes)

I's (Particularly the manga more-so than the anime. I highly recomend it if you're into more drama/story driven anime/mange vs. action. My favorite Manga to date)
True Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also gonna go with *spoiler* Roy Fokker's death in Macross/Robotech. Granted I was a kid when I saw it first but it's still fucking sad.
a$$

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh. My friends industrial design teacher apparently has the largest collection of Macross associated stuff in the entire world. Needless to say, he's also fucking rich. Heh. I just read the stuff about the Kenshin OVA's. That was the first anime series I ever really watched. It was a bit ago, but I can still remember that they sure weren't happy. Very gory, compared to the rest of the show.
Voyou San

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought the ending to Chrno Crusade was sad, but in a good way. That has prolly been the sadest Ive seen so far.
*Accomplished* Bastard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the saddest Anime Moments I can think of is actually watching Final Fantasy Unlimited. -_-
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's sad is that anime nerds are constantly talking about the saddest moments in anime. The only anime worth getting sad about is Grave of the Fireflies. Anyone who gets mopey when Spike or that dude with the cross from Trigun dies should just shoot themselves in the temple and be done with it.
Duckslit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
The only anime worth getting sad about is Grave of the Fireflies.

Some guy in church last week gave a talk and was talking about how sad Grave of the Fireflies was, and how hard it made his sister cry. True story.
Strategos
a$$

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit, that movie made me so fucking sad. I actually felt like crying. I mean, that's not to say I cried, but I came close... GotF is definitely one of the sadder fictional films I've ever watched, in fact, probably the saddest. Normally I'm wise enough to keep away from the stuff that I can tell at a glance would make me sad. A lapse in judgment.
Super Megaman X
Call him SMX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strategos wrote:
GotF is definitely one of the sadder fictional films I've ever watched, in fact, probably the saddest.

Wanna get really depressed? While not 100% true, GotF was based on true story. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> Animu Discussion All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: