RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Girls
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> Misc. Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
timrpgland
Founder, Est. 1999


Joined: 31 Aug 2005
Posts: 2621
Location: MN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Girls Reply with quote

We mostly have guys coming to this site so the question comes up, which ones of us have girlfriends?

Haven't had much luck since moving down to Duluth. Earlier this year I went out with this girl, Andrea. Was going ok but that didn't last.

Met another girl the other weekend at a bar, Lisa. Will be going out with her this weekend most likely.

So currently I'm single but hopefully this one goes better than last and that will change again otherwise back to the game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Q
Ass sorcerer


Joined: 01 Sep 2005
Posts: 1034

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well let's see, I'm working on that myself.

I got a couple options..but my favourite option already has a boyfriend so We'll have to see what happens there. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
timrpgland
Founder, Est. 1999


Joined: 31 Aug 2005
Posts: 2621
Location: MN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it alot tougher once you get out of school but ya just gotta get out there
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
timrpgland
Founder, Est. 1999


Joined: 31 Aug 2005
Posts: 2621
Location: MN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad bringing up women at a gaming forum. GIRLS??!!

Well I keep my personal life private but I hope all goes well Friday
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
NR
The Great White Bear of Sunflower Street


Joined: 31 Aug 2005
Posts: 7614
Location: Japan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timrpgland wrote:
My bad bringing up women at a gaming forum. GIRLS??!!

Surprised What are those!?

...

Oh, oh yeah, those things that aren't gangly dudes. Yeah, I remember those.
Heh, anyway, since coming out West, prospects are certainy better. In Pennsylvania, I had to have a built in "Chick alarm" that qould go off and let me know when to look, but out here, I don't need it--I turned it off. Laughing

But seriously, I've only been out here 2 weeks so I'm not sure. Odd situation though, I met a nice Korean girl named Ji-eun. Our vrebal communication is pretty minimal, but we've certianly established a fondness for each other. That's pretty cool. The bummer is, with the language barrier (her weak English + my terminally ill Korean), we can't figure out much to do in the way of off-campus, official "dating." So this probably isn't going to go anywhere, which is too bad. We'll see though.
_________________
If you buy stuff from Play Asia, help support RPG Land. Thank you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
dhenji
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing with girls is, when you're single you CAN'T get one; and when you're taken MILLIONS want to be with you! it's a conundrum i can't understand.

i think the trick is to always act 'taken,' so when you meet a 'possible gf' make it seem like you're leaving your *current* gf for the *new/better* (hopeful-to-be) gf you just met!

..BRILLIANT!


(hooray beer)
Back to top
Q
Ass sorcerer


Joined: 01 Sep 2005
Posts: 1034

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey man. Thought you signed up as deus?

But yeah. Your approach sounds just about right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Pandar
Overlord of the Netherworld


Joined: 01 Sep 2005
Posts: 1286
Location: International Falls, Minnesota

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misfortunately I lack any sort of social graces, so I am like a girl repellant. Actually, not really. I just can't attract womenfolk to me unless I talk to them. And I don't really talk much to people I don't know all that well, unless it's on the internets. Because then I have more time to think about what I want to say. Though the last three girls I've had as just friends I've managed to charm enough so that if I asked them out they'd go with me. Therein lies my second problem, I'm an eternally poor bastage, so I don't really feel I could do the things other guys do to get womenfolk, like go to movies and eat food at fancy restaurants. Oh well. Hopefully this stay at college can help me meet peoples, otherwise I fear I'll stay single forever...
_________________
No matter where you go, there you are.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Black Death



Joined: 01 Sep 2005
Posts: 72
Location: England :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....Dont even bother talking to me about that. Im 14 what would i be doing anyway NeutralNeutralNeutral
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aubstar
The Original Geek


Joined: 21 Oct 2005
Posts: 412
Location: Stumbling Toward Mediocrity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a girl, I could be really offended with this thread. But, I'm not. You guys seem to think that only you have problems finding people. I haven't had a BF in ever so long. So, I'm willing to put myself on the line here and ask: "What are good ways for girls to get guys' attention?" and in return I'll give unsolicited advice for guys with girls.

Meh, I just read that over and it sounds pathetic. Oh well, I'm in the 'I don't care' stage right now.
_________________
Wise men speak because they have something to say.

Fools speak because they have to say something.

~Plato
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!


Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 9318

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aubstar wrote:
What are good ways for girls to get guys' attention?


You've taken a big first step, being here and all. So without further ado, I say: "Hey baby," and hastily add, "What's your sign?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Aubstar
The Original Geek


Joined: 21 Oct 2005
Posts: 412
Location: Stumbling Toward Mediocrity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Aubstar wrote:
What are good ways for girls to get guys' attention?


You've taken a big first step, being here and all. So without further ado, I say: "Hey baby," and hastily add, "What's your sign?"


I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Sorry, trade policy.
_________________
Wise men speak because they have something to say.

Fools speak because they have to say something.

~Plato
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Q
Ass sorcerer


Joined: 01 Sep 2005
Posts: 1034

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aubstar wrote:
LiQuid! wrote:
Aubstar wrote:
What are good ways for girls to get guys' attention?


You've taken a big first step, being here and all. So without further ado, I say: "Hey baby," and hastily add, "What's your sign?"


I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Sorry, trade policy.



hello Aubstar! Very Happy Welcome to the boards..

So what are good ways for girls to get guys attention?

...hmm let's see normally I would say just "be yourself" but that's not working good for me right now so I think I'm probably the worst person to ask that question too right now.. Confused

Life's a bitch ...and then you die...


BLEH!!! See....worst person to ask... *ahem*

welcome to the boards though....
Smile stick around some female opinion DO matter here. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Aubstar
The Original Geek


Joined: 21 Oct 2005
Posts: 412
Location: Stumbling Toward Mediocrity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz Don't worry, I'll be sticking around. Someone has to be the voice of reason around here. ::Insert thunderous applause here:: But, really in all seriousness, this is a great site, so I think I'll stick around.
_________________
Wise men speak because they have something to say.

Fools speak because they have to say something.

~Plato
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!


Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 9318

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, given my track record for being an insufferable twit, this is going to be a little difficult, but please try and take this at face value...

Girls: "What's the best way to get a guy's attention?"

Answer: Be a girl.

It really is that simple.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
timrpgland
Founder, Est. 1999


Joined: 31 Aug 2005
Posts: 2621
Location: MN

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't wait for a guy to talk to you, make the first move. Guys like that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aubstar
The Original Geek


Joined: 21 Oct 2005
Posts: 412
Location: Stumbling Toward Mediocrity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Ok, given my track record for being an insufferable twit, this is going to be a little difficult, but please try and take this at face value...

Girls: "What's the best way to get a guy's attention?"

Answer: Be a girl.

It really is that simple.


Very astute, LiQuid.
_________________
Wise men speak because they have something to say.

Fools speak because they have to say something.

~Plato
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Aubstar
The Original Geek


Joined: 21 Oct 2005
Posts: 412
Location: Stumbling Toward Mediocrity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, now that I've officially taken over the Girls thread...

I think I'll just shut up now. Wink
_________________
Wise men speak because they have something to say.

Fools speak because they have to say something.

~Plato
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Black Death



Joined: 01 Sep 2005
Posts: 72
Location: England :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Ok, given my track record for being an insufferable twit, this is going to be a little difficult, but please try and take this at face value...

Girls: "What's the best way to get a guy's attention?"

Answer: Be a girl.

It really is that simple.


Actually thats wrong. I bet if a girl acted like a man it'd get a guy's attention.Probably not in a good way though XD
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!


Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 9318

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because what you say is also true doesn't mean I was wrong...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> Misc. Discussion All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group