RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Abortion- a serious topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kawaii desu chani
Oh ho ho ho ho ho!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Abortion- a serious topic Reply with quote

Ok seriously this is a serious topic. From someone like me that might be hard to swallow. (heh heh..swallow..heh)

But I'm serious.

Just answer the following:

1. If a woman and a man have casual sex and the girl gets pregnant-the man has no control over whether she has a abortion or goes through with the pregnancy. He cant stop her if she wants to abort it. True or False?

2. Can a husband force his wife to give birth? What if she wants an abortion? Can he stop her?

3. Can a woman be forced to give birth and denied an abortion?

4. A woman can get a abortion and walk away from the "problem." Can a man do that? I dont mean an abortion obviously-but can he walk away from the problem if the woman wants to keep it and he wants nothing to do with her or the kid whatsoever. Do you think its fair?

Thats all I have to ask. I want the facts. But the last question I'm kind of asking you for your opinion.

Please try to answer them and stay on topic..if u can.
Phil
Bloody persistant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) True

2) The husband has no legal rights over what his wife choses to do with the pregnancy.

3) Abortions are illegal when the fetus reaches a certain age. Think it's 2 m onths, but I'm not sure.

4) He'd have to pay child support at the very least.

I'm too tired to deeply think about my opinion on the subject, but just know that us men get fucked 2 ways from Sunday regarding these kinds of things.
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martyr wrote:

3) Abortions are illegal when the fetus reaches a certain age. Think it's 2 m onths, but I'm not sure.

You can use the coat hanger at any time though. And it is cheaper!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll agree with Martyr over the first three. In regards to the 4th question, I think that if both parties agree on it then the man can be absolved of all responsibility - which also means that should he change his mind he's as fijucked as the rest of us guys are normally regarding this situation.
Fonic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this topic.

Just read an article about “prostaglandin” abortion. It was sickening.
kawaii desu chani
Oh ho ho ho ho ho!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fonic wrote:
I hate this topic.

Just read an article about “prostaglandin” abortion. It was sickening.

I do believe people should have a choice..and I still do.

..but that was awful..I looked it up in youtube..the horror...
Fonic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying I'm for banning it; I know that won't ever happen anyway; I'm just saying that I won't act like it's some light, easy to decide on topic like some do.

Basically, I'm being a pansy and voting "present."
Acend
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

datguy: You are mistaken, if a man wants nothing to do with a child, or maybe doesn't know about the child he is still financially responcible (yes even without knowledge)

Had a family friend that got hit up for child support on a 17 year old that was his that he never knew about, ever. But the way the laws are he had to pay all back child support also, SOoooo 17+ years of child support right then and there, it bankrupted him.

So guys where a condom every time, don't let this happen to you.

On a personal level I'm anti-abortion, but even accepting that we have it, men get the god damn raw end of the stick and have no rights whatsoever until the bugger pops out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Abortion- a serious topic Reply with quote

1. If a woman and a man have casual sex and the girl gets pregnant-the man has no control over whether she has a abortion or goes through with the pregnancy. He cant stop her if she wants to abort it. True or False?
True

2. Can a husband force his wife to give birth? What if she wants an abortion? Can he stop her?
I think she gets all the rights

3. Can a woman be forced to give birth and denied an abortion?
No, unless it is too far along for abortion.

4. A woman can get a abortion and walk away from the "problem." Can a man do that? I dont mean an abortion obviously-but can he walk away from the problem if the woman wants to keep it and he wants nothing to do with her or the kid whatsoever. Do you think its fair?
No, a man is responsible no matter what.

I agree, this is kinda chittyshittybangbang. The woman gets all the rights. She decides to keep the baby (and force him to pay child support) or decide to abort the child (no matter what he wishes). There should be some way for the guy not to have to pay if he says he does not want the child but the woman does anyway - especially if the woman assured the guy she was taking B.C. and all that.

I do think the woman should have a bigger choice on aborting though, as its her body that`s gonna have some little invader for 9 months whether she wants it or not. [/b]
Owozifa
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What they need to do is start rolling out women with on/off switches on their vaginas.

Come on science you know you can do it.
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to say its fair or not but it should be the womans choice. They are the one who has to carry the kid and give birth. I've had a few scares in my life but it just boils down to being a man and taking care of your kid.

I'm convinced the reason the laws are like this is because men in general are looked at to be the driving force of sexual activity. Just play it safe, were a condom, and never trust anything a woman ever tells you. If she says shes preganant go buy one of those tests and if positive have the kid tested to see if its yours. Seriously, women can not be trusted with anything.
"True to the bullet pith on the enclose, Rocksmith allows you to beat the drum for legitimate hither any electric guitar into the proprietary USB chain that comes with the encounter..." - NEERGENCE, 12/02/2011
Acend
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with solice in keeping it safe, condoms and birth control and all.

But here's the thing, being a hard core classical liberal/libertarian/Jeffersonian I'm all about freedom of choice and liberty. You should be able to do whatever you want with your body, I agree with this, even if it is harmful to yourself, its your body to fuck up.

But how can you say logically that the fetus is her body to decide what to do with? Things being normal and left alone that will be another human being in 9 months time, how is it that they are not entitled to any human rights?

The other thing I have issue with is the discrepancies in the law. Regardless of how you feel on abortion, pro or con, you have to admit there are some logical quirks in a legal system that allows abortion yet can and will charge someone for murder if they cause harm to the point of death for the fetus. For example, getting 2 counts of murder instead of one for murdering a pregnant woman or doctors that cause harm to the child (whether purposefully or accidentally). They're either have rights or they don't this whole patchwork thing we have no is no bueno.

Personally I think a great workable solution would be to have rights granted a human being conferred upon a fetus the moment it would be able to viably survive outside the womb.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe I have a kid Cool cause I never use condoms, they don't feel good imo lol.

Since I work from home I get to be with him all day...pretty rad. Except he's 2 months old so he doesn't do too much...just getting teeth now.

Paying 17 years of child support at once though, that's a little scary
datguy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acend - to clarify, that was me looking for a possible solution. I used 'can' when I should have used 'should.' I know that the truth is vastly different.
Aurian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fetus is a person if its wanted. It is not a person if it is not wanted.

Or a less cynical viewpoint might be - its not a person until it has progressed past the point where an abortion is no longer an option.
Jackal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree with abortion for any other reason than that the mother's health is at risk. To abort a pregnancy because you don't want a child just seems like a really unhealthy line of thought. But I'm completely opposed to legislation regarding abortion because I'd rather the bearer of the child be free to make their own choice. If I were given the choice I'd rather try to see the child born even if the mother is somewhat at risk unless it's certain she wouldn't survive. I believe new life take precedence over all.

Over all else though I believe the wishes of the mother take precedence.
Lordyuanshu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Abortion in the extreme case of rape or the woman's health is at risk or something like that is the only way I see it to be feasible...but otherwise it is a way of ducking responsibility for what you did. If you're going to be having unprotected sex (or protected sex that goes wrong for that matter) you owe it to the kid you made to make it happen. If not you're just a coward who lacks accountability for their actions.
Sethimothy
*Accomplished* Bastard

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for abortion. The only thing worse than god damn mother fucking children, is god damn mother fucking children being raised by mothers who don't want them. And so what if a baby is being murdered? I'd strangle the shit out of them myself if I could. I fucking HATE children.

If you're with a woman and she gets pregnant and you can't convince her that abortion is the right answer, obviously that relationship isn't going to work out anyways so you might as well end it by pushing the woman down the stairs or slipping some drugs into her drink that'll cause her to miscarriage. THERE ARE ALWAYS CHOICES PEOPLE.

Taking care of a problem before it starts is not dodging responsibility. "OH NOES, I'M PREGNANT! I GUESS I HAVE TO SPEND THE NEXT TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF MY LIFE PAYING FOR MY RIGHT TO HAVE SEX WHILE ON BIRTH CONTROL THAT FAILED" makes no sense at all. You don't NOT treat a wound because doing so would be ducking the responsibility for doing something stupid that caused the wound, YOU GO GET THAT WOUND HEALED. Unborn babies are just parasites anyways, so why there's been so much doctrine on caring about kids that don't even exist yet, and could easily be kept from existing, is beyond me.

Of course, on the other end of the spectrum, why 14 year olds are allowed to have any medical procedure, including abortion, without their parents knowing about it, is beyond me, and that shit needs to be stopped. But abortion as a whole is an awesome thing, which we really should see more of.
RagePirate
Betrayal Burger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sethimothy wrote:
I'm all for abortion. The only thing worse than god damn mother f---ing children, is god damn mother f---ing children being raised by mothers who don't want them. And so what if a baby is being murdered? I'd strangle the sh** out of them myself if I could. I f---ing HATE children.

If you're with a woman and she gets pregnant and you can't convince her that abortion is the right answer, obviously that relationship isn't going to work out anyways so you might as well end it by pushing the woman down the stairs or slipping some drugs into her drink that'll cause her to miscarriage. THERE ARE ALWAYS CHOICES PEOPLE.

Taking care of a problem before it starts is not dodging responsibility. "OH NOES, I'M PREGNANT! I GUESS I HAVE TO SPEND THE NEXT TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF MY LIFE PAYING FOR MY RIGHT TO HAVE SEX WHILE ON BIRTH CONTROL THAT FAILED" makes no sense at all. You don't NOT treat a wound because doing so would be ducking the responsibility for doing something stupid that caused the wound, YOU GO GET THAT WOUND HEALED. Unborn babies are just parasites anyways, so why there's been so much doctrine on caring about kids that don't even exist yet, and could easily be kept from existing, is beyond me.

Of course, on the other end of the spectrum, why 14 year olds are allowed to have any medical procedure, including abortion, without their parents knowing about it, is beyond me, and that sh** needs to be stopped. But abortion as a whole is an awesome thing, which we really should see more of.

This post is a prime example of why this topic was a pretty bad idea.
Sethimothy
*Accomplished* Bastard

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RagePirate wrote:
This post is a prime example of why this topic was a pretty bad idea.

Really? And not all the Jesus fags going "Boo hoo hoo women are killing potential mates for our priests!"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> Misc. Discussion All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: