RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strange Questions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VsPluckyDuck
Duckslit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Strange Questions Reply with quote

Everybody thinks of some of those strange questions that you've never cared to find the answer to. Especially in the shower.

I mean everything from straight up fact questions to the philosophical sort of stuff, kind of like "If you put a piece of buttered toast on the back of a cat and drop it, what happens?" except things that haven't been stupidly done to death.

What are some of yours? I have a couple right now:

1) Every time I go to Safeway, there's a huge bin of sesame snaps. Does anybody actually buy those things? Who?

2) Why are there so many different kinds of cheese? Who sits around and says "Hey Earl, why don't we take our milk into this cave with fresh spring water in the French countryside and let it grow mold there for three years and see what happens?"

3) Will the Apocalypse come before or after people shut up about it coming?
Strategos
a$$

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you clone yourself and have sex with the clone, are you masturbating or are you just gay?
Phil
Bloody persistant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is there a place for a hook on the back of my favorite button-up shirt? So bullies can hang me from coat racks?
NR
The Great White Bear of Sunflower Street

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martyr wrote:
Why is there a place for a hook on the back of my favorite button-up shirt? So bullies can hang me from coat racks?

Related: why is it considered formal to wear a tie? What makes a tie formal at all? It's a goofy, colored piece of thread around my neck. Why is that worthy of so much respect?

Who thought up smoking? Like, who was the FIRST guy to do it? I ask this because think about the process:
"Hey. You know what I'm going to do with this? I'm gonna mash it up, stick it in the bottom of this device I'll give the working title of 'pipe,' then I'm gonna light it on fire and breathe whatever comes off." Who did that? I know people can trace it back to different cultures, but someone had to be the first guy to ever smoke. I wanna know what the thought process was.
Strategos
a$$

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Tsk. What's this weed doing in my corn field? Oh, I'll show you, you weedy little bastard."

throws hot coal at weed [Tobacco]

"OH SHIT! This is in my CORN FIELD! I'd best put it out! What's wet what's wet what's wet what's wet?!?!?!?!?! ...That's right! My mouth!"

puts piece of burning weed into mouth. Begins coughing. Several minutes later...

"Cough-HACK-CouGH-HacK... Whoa. That shit was intense. It's all gone, now though. It burned my mouth, too, but I still liked it... as though all the evil demons left me. I don't feel any stress at all! I know! I'll cultivate it and figure out something to stick it in!"

And so, the tobacco leaf was first smoked, and then, the dumbass who put a burning plant in his mouth moved on to invent the bong.
Cloudcent
20th Century Boy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I fully a product of my development? How different would I be if my childhood situation were different? Would I become someone that the current 'me' would hate?
Strategos
a$$

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloudcent wrote:
Am I fully a product of my development? How different would I be if my childhood situation were different? Would I become someone that the current 'me' would hate?

I think this was lighthearted fun until you came along.

Wanna go back to therapy, Mr. Existential Metaphysicist?
Aubstar
The Original Geek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strategos wrote:

I think this was lighthearted fun until you came along.

Wanna go back to therapy, Mr. Existential Metaphysicist?

No... I think that NOW it's not light hearted fun.

What would the world be like without rock 'n roll? (The Beatles, Rolling Stones, and etc.)

Fools speak because they have to say something.

~Plato
Acend
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NR wrote:
why is it considered formal to wear a tie? What makes a tie formal at all? It's a goofy, colored piece of thread around my neck. Why is that worthy of so much respect?

Originally ties where invented to be used as bibs. This was to keep food off you nice, generally white, shirts. True story
Bloody persistant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Related: why is it considered formal to wear a tie? What makes a tie formal at all? It's a goofy, colored piece of thread around my neck. Why is that worthy of so much respect?

You should wear a bow tie at your wedding. That'd be totally awesome.
Owozifa
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martyr wrote:
Quote:

You should wear a bow tie at your wedding. That'd be totally awesome.

fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't be bothered to read this thread right now. Maybe tomorrow. But I'll jus add a question I asked my high school science teacher (who unrelatedly died of cancer while I was a sophomore, man I miss you Mr. Schneider) and he just babbled some answer that didn't make sense, probably because he didn't have a clue:

If you got in a really fast fucking airplane and went backwards through the time zones, would you be able to turn back time like Superman did in Superman 2? It sounds so logical to me, I wish I could try it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
If you got in a really fast f---ing airplane and went backwards through the time zones, would you be able to turn back time like Superman did in Superman 2? It sounds so logical to me, I wish I could try it.

No, because every time you reached the Prime Meridian, time would actually go *forward* 23 hours and negate your progress. It was a good idea though. I'm always looking for ways to travel back in time.
Acend
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
I can't be bothered to read this thread right now. Maybe tomorrow. But I'll jus add a question I asked my high school science teacher (who unrelatedly died of cancer while I was a sophomore, man I miss you Mr. Schneider) and he just babbled some answer that didn't make sense, probably because he didn't have a clue:

If you got in a really fast f---ing airplane and went backwards through the time zones, would you be able to turn back time like Superman did in Superman 2? It sounds so logical to me, I wish I could try it.

ACTUALLY as I hope most of you know. Based on Einstein's theory of relativity as you approach the speed of light time slows down, this is do to the enormous energy and the fact that time/space is getting converted into energy or some such. so basically someone traveling the speed of light's 1 day could be hundreds of years to everyone else not moving that fast.

The point being that it has been proven that traveling in airplanes like we have now (the fast jet ones) you can actually measure that time dilation. Now it's not a lot of time hundredths of a millisecond or some such (don't have the exact number on me) BUT they've experimented and proven this to be the case. So time travel is possible and you've probably experienced it if you've ever flown.
Duckslit

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do some girls find the idea of two guys boinking cute? I've never been able to figure this out. Some just find the idea of two guys hugging and kissing and holding hands cute, which I can kind of understand, but...I just can't see beyond that. I could never see myself thinking "Aww, he probably had @#$$^@% with @#$@%@# in !#$!%@#!@# and @#$@#ed #$@$%@. That's adorable~"

I mean, whatever. You swing whatever way, and affection is affection, but that's within your own personal sphere. But it's like...cute is not the adjective I'd use to describe sexual activity, and especially of that nature. Bunnies are cute. Manparts aren't.
NR

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VsPluckyDuck wrote:
Bunnies are cute. Manparts aren't.

You are just giving me way too many great user titles to slap on you. I can't even decide anymore.
Phil
Bloody persistant

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VsPluckyDuck wrote:
Why do some girls find the idea of two guys boinking cute? I've never been able to figure this out. Some just find the idea of two guys hugging and kissing and holding hands cute, which I can kind of understand, but...I just can't see beyond that. I could never see myself thinking "Aww, he probably had @#$$^@% with @#$@%@# in !#$!%@#!@# and @#$@#ed #$@$%@. That's adorable~"

I mean, whatever. You swing whatever way, and affection is affection, but that's within your own personal sphere. But it's like...cute is not the adjective I'd use to describe sexual activity, and especially of that nature. Bunnies are cute. Manparts aren't.

So you got homosexual strippers at your bridal shower I take it?
RagePirate
Betrayal Burger

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NR wrote:
VsPluckyDuck wrote:
Bunnies are cute. Manparts aren't.

You are just giving me way too many great user titles to slap on you. I can't even decide anymore.

H. This must cease. Once it's YOUR HOUSE, you gotta make some "No talk of dude on dude butt sex" rule. Something swift and effective to make sure this marriage succeeds. That's all I'm saying.
Phil
Bloody persistant

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So like, if you're a furry, does that mean you want to have sex with animals, but can't, so you have sex with people in fur suits? Or do you just have a thing for people in fur suits?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND
VsPluckyDuck
Duckslit

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure everyone's noticed that I'm overly enthusiastic about food sometimes.

Is it possible to be both a glutton and underweight?

Not that I really think I am one. It's just an interesting thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> Misc. Discussion All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: