RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How I beat Sony
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NR
The Great White Bear of Sunflower Street

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: How I beat Sony Reply with quote

So not long ago, I applied and received the Sony Style Chase card:
Link

The hook was $150 off my first purchase (tempting me to get $100 Wii no doubt). So I'm instantly accepted and all that jazz. My card comes in the mail confirming all the cool details of this card (honestly, it's pretty good. Though now the deal is down to $100 off). Nothing was mentioned about my $150 of free money though.

So I called.

And they told me even though my instant approval note said I got that deal, I was apprently "passed the deadline to apply" to get that offer. Paraphrased, yet highly accurate conversation:

Me: I even read the fine print. There was no reason for me to not get the $150.

CS rep: It says that the offer ended December 29th and you were accepted December 31st.

Me: Well that's wrong, because it was the biggest reason I got the card.
Heck, even now, it's showing $100 off, right on the Sony Style site. I am at least entitled to that.

CS: We don't show any statement credit on this account.

Me: I have a screencap from the day I applied and a link to Sony Stlye's offer page right on this computer. I can email them to you right now.

CS: Sorry sir we don't accept incoming emails.

Me: Of course you don't. ::rolleyes that she couldn't see, but my sarcasm was obvious.

CS: What you can do is...I can give you an address to send your inquery to, or a fax number for you to--

Me: NO! No. I'm not going to do that. No one does that. Have you every seen anyone actually do that?

CS: That's not really what I--

Me: That's a trap, m'am. That's a trap so that no one will actually take up any beef with the high-ups and people won't have to make good on their promises to consumers. So no, I'm not gonna walk right into that and print stuff out on my printer, or go to the library and print it there, then find some place with a fax machine or go to Kinko's with some fax number you give me and wait 6-8 weeks for a response!

CS: I can get a manager if you like.

Me: Please do.
--10 minutes of holding, of course--
*insert "hey, did she already tell you what my problem was? Okay good*
Manager: *puts me on hold for another minute or two*
Manager: Okay, and here we go, I'll add a note to your account that it will get the $150 back on the first statement. Here's the source code for your records *give me special code number thing*

-The End-

The lesson here is to not sit back and take crap--a lesson that has been taught countless times throughout history. It sounded pretty legit that it's been fixed, but if it hasn't, they'd better be ready for round 2, suicide bomb style.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concoct a story I can use to get the $200 that I've given the bank over the last three weeks from overdrafting back.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find someone with your same last name (shouldn't be hard--yours isn't too uncommon) and say you got married so money was tight. And then get an old paycheck stub from a while back and say you got laid off from work. Try the sympathy card.
*Shrug*

Once they already have that money, it's gonna be tough to get back though. That's hard.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about, you know, using a gun... Maybe shooting someone... I think that might work. Or a crossbow. Even though it isn't as practical, it's probably a lot more intimidating.
Betrayal Burger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Concoct a story I can use to get the $200 that I've given the bank over the last three weeks from overdrafting back.

200 dollars from overdrafts at a bank? As a long time bank employee, allow me to officially declare you "FUCKED!" The bank I work at is one of the stiffest with those fees and 200 dollars is still something else. I usually print out a customer's history, go in the back and have a laugh with the manager over it, then let the manager also officially declare the customer "FUCKED!" before the customer angrily leaves. There is no way you're getting that all reversed unless you're banking with idiots. But good luck with that. I'm rooting for you.
Strategos
a$$

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're a bank employee, you must have some tips, eh? Trade secrets? The only *real* way to get a good interest rate?
RagePirate
Betrayal Burger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strategos wrote:
If you're a bank employee, you must have some tips, eh? Trade secrets? The only *real* way to get a good interest rate?

Uh...don't trust social security? Yeah I'm a banker, not a broker. I just sell checking accounts and work out deposits and shit. I couldn't tell you anything you probably already don't know. Except to not go in the negative on your account. Because banks make more money off charging you for that than anything else. And they be painful.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rage Pirate, i appreciate you being a flaming cunt weasel bag, but at the same time, it's like SHUT THE FUCKUP!!!! DICKFACE!!! IF I EVER SEE YOU IN REAL LIFE I WILL M U R D E R YOU!!! I SWEAR TO JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I HOPE YOU DIE AND NEVER WAKE UP!!!!

DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!!

MOTHER FUCKING ASS HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!!

ok i think i might be done no
DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!!

I f---in HATE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!!!!!!
DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!! DIEE!!!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously... id dont normally joke about this kind of thing, but if theres one dude in the world i wish i could kill, it's ragepirate..... man, u really need to die... can i help?
I'd like to see this

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.
RagePirate
Betrayal Burger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Seriously... id dont normally joke about this kind of thing, but if theres one dude in the world i wish i could kill, it's ragepirate..... man, u really need to die... can i help?

The funny part is I've heard this sort of rant in person...not from LiQuid! of course. That'd be awkward, but from others. So uh...I'll just quietly enjoy getting paid 10 dollars an hour to laugh at people whose accounts are in the negative until I die of unnatural causes. Cool?
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, that's like the bst drunk post i ever remember doing... u should print that out and frame it RP.
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liquid, as for getting your money back now I think your screwed. But I have had experience of make late and overdraft fees disappear from all of the place. So far I've saved about $300 in various fees at my bank in the last 2 years (not all overdraft fees but some cashier check, debit card fees and the like). It's real simple you just need to get yourself a *insert store/bank name* girl. I get one at everyplace I shop at often. Just be nice, flirt it up with them, and you get nice stuff.

Using a non-banking example, I had this long time Blockbuster girl, nearly 2 years. I return 4 movies very late and rent another movie.

Her: "You have a $148 late fee charge on here..."

Me: *sigh* "I know..."

Her: *scans my new movie* "That'll be $4.32"

Me: *blink twice* "Here, and thanks"

Her: "No, thank you, and I'll see you tommorow"

Me: "Ok, see you then"

I have a Best Buy girl, a Starbucks girl, a Gamestop girl, hell even a Barnes and Noble girl. You just have to have a little game and you're golden. getting free coffee, all the toys the give out for preordering games, and employee discount on you games/electronics is well worth it. Besides God made me so irresistable to woman, it would be ashame to waste his gift.
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately G-man made me pretty resistable. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not that resistable...
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Unfortunately G-man made me pretty resistable. Smile

That's your problem. Woman don't care about looks that much. First and foremost you need confidence and personality. We all know you have personality. Also some humor, doesn't matter what kind. Looks make no difference, I mean hell look at me:

So get out there and break some hearts! (And get some free booty also)
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh trust me I know. I probably get more ass than you. But the fact that I'm kind of an ass turns off a lot of people that don't know me well enough to know I'm just having a laugh.
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
I probably get more ass than you.

That I doubt, but the fact was we where discussing you getting out of paying for crap you don't want to pay for. My suggestion still remains, be NICE and non-ass like to the females of the places you want said free shit. even if you don't mean it.
*Accomplished* Bastard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, Liquid, you could just pay your debts like an honest, hard working citizen. I should expect less from someone who sells real estate and lies about his sex life on an internet forum though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> Misc. Discussion All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: