RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nintendo's next console
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> RPG/Video Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omegarage
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, LiQuid.

That's gonna get hella-retarded when the first person breaks their damn controller and can't get a replacement.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The baffling thing is that the controller doesn't seem THAT high tech. If Nintendo wasn't so unwilling to eat a loss on any piece of hardware ever they could probably sell the thing at $60-70 which isn't too far removed from a standard wireless controller right now.

At the very least I would imagine they would sell you a replacement via the Nintendo store, since you can buy like EVERYTHING there.
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trying to figure out who this console is for. Are they going to stay with this system for like 5-6 years? If so Microsoft and Sony will have next gen'd them once again making Nintendo seem like a generation behind everyone else. If they only plan on supporting it for 1-2 years they are going to piss off a lot of people. It just seems like a bad idea all around.
"True to the bullet pith on the enclose, Rocksmith allows you to beat the drum for legitimate hither any electric guitar into the proprietary USB chain that comes with the encounter..." - NEERGENCE, 12/02/2011
Omegarage
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be rough for Nintendo, no doubt. Asking casual fans to shell out 250 for the Wii was fine at the time because it was something new. Re-hashing the same product with a shinier coat and a new controller and asking for more money is going to be a tough sell. Especially when it seems like their most interesting feature seems incomplete.

It does make me wonder why there isn't anyone at Nintendo that hears about these features and raises their hand with a "Wait a minute. What the fuck?" look on their face. It seems like each time Iwata or Reggie presents something, they turn into the high-school substitute teacher that gets asked a question that isn't in the book and doesn't have a response.
Solice Kirsk
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like they half cooked this whole thing. Why present this stuff now when they have no solid information aside from "We promise these games will exist at some point!" They should have just put on a conservative E3 show and announced the WiiU a few months from now with actual information and with nothing else competing for the spotlight with it. The way it is now no one knows what the fuck this thing is supposed to do. Besides possibly sometime in the future run games that everyone else with another system have been playing for almost a year.
"True to the bullet pith on the enclose, Rocksmith allows you to beat the drum for legitimate hither any electric guitar into the proprietary USB chain that comes with the encounter..." - NEERGENCE, 12/02/2011
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAF is brainstorming ways to use this console. Right when I saw the thread I thought "dungeon master" Guy there came up with this pretty rad one too that will never happen.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28413513&postcount=13

Quote:
Guy with the tablet is dungeon master, creates a live dungeon on-the-go. Could possibly have presets or just a randomized dungeon layout that fits a certain criteria (making it so that all dungeons are solvable, despite the best efforts of the DM). Everyone else can play with classic controller/wiimote and attempts to survive/complete the dungeon.

DM can drop dragons, drones, bombs, spike-pits, collapsing ceilings. All of the generic dungeon-solving things, but it's created on the spot. They could choose the locations for weapon spawns, etc."

Basically like a reimagining of Hero Quest. A mixture of preset campaigns and on the fly DM'ing mixed with a turn based strategy RPG. That would probably be the single best video game of all time and it would fit well with the one-tablet set up.
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omegarage wrote:
Honestly, Idin, I don't get you. You buy and brag about owning/playing PC, then you play console emulators, then badmouth consoles and talk about how PC games are better. You're all over the map here. I don't know if you're actually that big of a hypocrite or if you're just RPGLand's greatest troll.

Last time I emulated on my computer was maybe 3 years ago?

I mean I download roms onto my DS sometimes... Haven't done that in a year.

So yeah... PC > Consoles. You would know this if you guys played multiplayer online games regularly like most people do.

Not a hypocrite. Just annoying you guys with truths you don't wanna hear!
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha I spent like 50 dollars on it for skins and stupid shit.

Fun game though. Still play it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have spent $0.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never played LoL or DotA or any of those types of games but I know I hate them.

What does this have to do with Wii 2?
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
I've never played LoL or DotA or any of those types of games but I know I hate them.

Yeah I was the same exact way. I hated Dota. I got into the HoN beta and hated that as well.

For some reason after even going through those two... I tried out LoL and loved it. I think it is because it is very easy to understand compared to the other two.

Pretty much every single one of my real life friends other than omeg and solice play it. I haven't lately because of warband crpg though.
Old school JRPG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wii U = larger screen DS

Thanks to Sabo for the sig
Solice Kirsk
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should have made a way to have the 3DS be able to speak to the Wii-U. It would have required a lot less processing power to have 4 3DS' running for a game than 1 fucking iPad or whatever the hell that thing is supposed to be. Nintendo just loves to make stupid gimmicky shit.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solice Kirsk wrote:
They should have made a way to have the 3DS be able to speak to the Wii-U.

Nintendo has specifically said that this isn't out of the question and I'm going to predict there is a 100% chance that it happens.
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Reggie's making Miyamoto look stupid.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1176175p1.html
Solice Kirsk
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thats good news. I guess. Still don't think I'm gonna bother with it though. Microsoft just announced they will be showing their next gen console at the next E3 and are aiming for a late 2012/13 release date. I think Sony is going to be right behind them too.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solice Kirsk wrote:
Microsoft just announced ... next gen console

wat
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Solice Kirsk wrote:
Microsoft just announced ... next gen console

wat

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1176197p1.html
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I heard the rumor too but where does it say MS announced plans to show it at E3 next year or when they plan to release it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> RPG/Video Game Discussion All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: