RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Are You Playing Now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 217, 218, 219  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> RPG/Video Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many people is "plenty?" Was that plenty over the course of the three hours? Or did you have plenty in a single game? Did you have a game that was more than 2v2? If so that sounds like a completely more robust experience than I ever had with the game and I played it years ago when it wasn't half a decade old.

Doesn't change the fact that the game there hasn't been updated at all. The game on PC has tons of new weapons and class additions
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were plenty of people playing in any game I'd hop into. Usually it was at least 6 vs 6 each game. I think I only had 1 game that was less because the host decided to boot a bunch of people.

And like I said, since I don't play games on the PC, I don't feel like I'm missing anything and found it to be pretty fun.
PipArchDevil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omegarage wrote:
I don't really feel like I'm missing anything by playing it on the 360.

LOL

The PC version has morphed into a game far from what I bought in 2007.
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You prefer console fps's to PC? Blasphemy....

Also, I agree Portal is not that great. It is just a game that casual gamer hipsters like. ITS LIKE A INDIE GAME BUT ITS NOT!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather use a controller than a mouse and keyboard for any game, but especially an FPS. I don't care what system it's on, though on a PC you would get raped by mouse users.

Even games like real time strategy games, which everyone says are only possibly on PC because the keyboard has a kazillion buttons need to be reinvented until they are fully possible with a controller (like Civ Rev) because keyboards and mice are archaic, terrible ways to play video games. I would rather use a Wii again than have to go back to gaming on a keyboard.
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
I'd rather use a controller than a mouse and keyboard for any game, but especially an FPS. I don't care what system it's on, though on a PC you would get raped by mouse users.

Even games like real time strategy games, which everyone says are only possibly on PC because the keyboard has a kazillion buttons need to be reinvented until they are fully possible with a controller (like Civ Rev) because keyboards and mice are archaic, terrible ways to play video games. I would rather use a Wii again than have to go back to gaming on a keyboard.

I don't think I've ever agreed this much with LiQuid before.
PipArchDevil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:

Even games like real time strategy games, which everyone says are only possibly on PC because the keyboard has a kazillion buttons need to be reinvented until they are fully possible with a controller

They did, didn't you play Red Alert 3?

*snirk*
Solice Kirsk
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:

Look at this. Look at how wrong you are. Until something better than a controller or a mouse/keyboard comes out, the mouse and keyboard will always win out. Especially for FPS'. They just have way WAY more functionality than even a really complex controller. Maybe once they invent some Minority Report control device they will be out dated for gaming, but until that time they still offer the most utility towards gaming controls.

And thats coming from a life time console gamer.
"True to the bullet pith on the enclose, Rocksmith allows you to beat the drum for legitimate hither any electric guitar into the proprietary USB chain that comes with the encounter..." - NEERGENCE, 12/02/2011
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solice Kirsk wrote:
Look at this. Look at how wrong you are. Until something better than a controller or a mouse/keyboard comes out, the mouse and keyboard will always win out. Especially for FPS'. They just have way WAY more functionality than even a really complex controller.
Look at this. Look how not getting it you are.

It's not about which control method is better. I clearly stated that Mouse/Keyboard Vs. Controller the mouse wins every time. They are not equal. But to me, I highly prefer handling a controller for playing all games rather than sitting at a stiff computer chair, using one hand to manipulate a 104+ key keyboard and getting carpal tunnel with a mouse. The physical act of using a controller is vastly superior to using a computer 10 times out of 10. The keyboard and mouse is capable of more at the cost of comfort and simplicity.

Bitch all you want about all these new motion controls, and Kinect, but I think Kinect in conjunction with a standard game controller can lead to a completely new, almost Minority Report level of control over video games. If it advances to the point where I can use a controller to control a real-time strategy game primarily, but when I need to use precision, like I would with a mouse, all I would have to do is reach a hand up and manipulate the air in front of me, that will be sick. For the mean time, the controller alone will have to suffice.
Call him SMX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a sudden strange craving for Super Mario World, so I played that and got halfway through Forest of Illusion (and all of Star World) getting every single exit in 2.5 hours. Probably not anything to write home about, but it's a record for me.
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Bitch all you want about all these new motion controls, and Kinect, but I think Kinect in conjunction with a standard game controller can lead to a completely new, almost Minority Report level of control over video games. If it advances to the point where I can use a controller to control a real-time strategy game primarily, but when I need to use precision, like I would with a mouse, all I would have to do is reach a hand up and manipulate the air in front of me, that will be sick. For the mean time, the controller alone will have to suffice.

No. Also you are dumb.

Stop trying to troll.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss my Commodore 64 with Atari 2600 joysticks and paddles. All these new age controller things have too damn many buttons in weird places.
I built a foot controller for my Commodore 64 once... I rigged it up to use a paddle with it. Thus I could drive with my feet and aim with my hands, AND!!!! the setup had two buttons instead of one! Talk about versatility!
Omegarage
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished L.A. Noire. Going to start playing some of the DLC cases this weekend.

Also finished Portal. Thankfully, it did become much better. Going to start up on the advanced maps.
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wanna see something sad?

Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idin Leis wrote:
wanna see something sad?

Idin Leis
Niggar Alarm!

Omegarage
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://games.ign.com/articles/117/1177778p1.html

I can't wait for Solice to waste his money on this. Idin, I want you to take pictures so I can see the disappointment on his face.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through all the trouble of hooking up my Gamecube for the first time in about a million years yesterday cause I wanted to try and play through Ocarina of Time again (and actually beat it this time) but then I loaded up my old save and realized that the first person aiming for the slingshot/bow/hookshot/etc, was inverted and I was like fuck this shit and turned it off.

I tried Wind Waker too, another Zelda game I never beat, but it was the same. How the fuck does Japan expect people to play their games with ass backwards controls and no way to fix them?

More importantly, what kind of fucking mutant uses inverted controls for first person aiming?! When you push UP why would you want to LOOK DOWN? Do those people need someone to push the back of their head every time they want to look at the ground? I don't understand how their minds work!
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:

More importantly, what kind of f---ing mutant uses inverted controls for first person aiming?! When you push UP why would you want to LOOK DOWN? Do those people need someone to push the back of their head every time they want to look at the ground? I don't understand how their minds work!

Solice Motherfuckin Kirsk.

It's caused instant arguments between us on more than one occassion.
Omegarage
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, Ocarina of Time on 3DS is amazing. Everything seems much more crisp. It retains the feel of the original, but it's like playing it through a new pair of glasses.
Solice Kirsk
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame my using inverted controls on playing too many flight sim games as a kid. I just can't play it any other way now. Well, on a mouse/keyboard I don't use inverted. Just on controllers.
"True to the bullet pith on the enclose, Rocksmith allows you to beat the drum for legitimate hither any electric guitar into the proprietary USB chain that comes with the encounter..." - NEERGENCE, 12/02/2011
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> RPG/Video Game Discussion All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 217, 218, 219  Next
Page 182 of 219
Jump to: