RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Are You Playing Now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 217, 218, 219  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> RPG/Video Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VsPluckyDuck
Duckslit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really really want to play Monkey Island 2 right now.

My scores at Robot Unicorn attack have sucked lately.

Going to Gaea's Cliff in FFVII. Whoo?

Also really hankering for some Pokemon. Oh, the English-language games I will pick up when I get back to NA...
Playing in Japanese makes my face tired.
timrpgland
Founder, Est. 1999

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
timrpgland wrote:
Not surprisingly it feels a lot like Gothic which isn't a bad thing imo.

Piranha Bytes is good stuff. I've just started Risen but so far I'm pretty impressed with it. The interface is a lot nicer. Very open ended and plays more smoothly than Gothic 3.

Playing it on PC? I hear the Xbox version is borken. I heard the same about Two Worlds before I eventually played that on the Xbox, and it ended up being a lot less borken than the reports I'd heard suggested.

Nah, was waiting it for the 360. It's definitely not broken but it's smoother on PC obviously. It's better than Two Worlds and I didn't find that one very broken either although I gave up on it rather fast. Risen chugs at times when you are fighting multiple enemies but other than that I haven't had any problems. I needed something new to play on the 360 and The Witcher conversion had been cancelled Sad
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat. I'll check it out some day then. I've got a copy of Divinity 2 still in its shrink wrap, since I haven't been doing much single player gaming on Xbox since Pokemon dropped. Still kind of stoked to play it since WRPGs rule.
I'd like to see this

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

35 used at gaymestop. I'm in.
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally beat FF XIII and had to explain the ending to my wife (which included explaining most of the story).

I'm currently working on finishing AAI: Miles Edgeworth, but it's a drag. This game is a huge disappointment compared to the previous AA games. Very few new characters and a constant reminder of how Edgeworth is one spilled glass of water away from revealing he really is a robot (of course that would explain why he only has 2 expressions: bored & shocked.)

Heavy Rain is everything that everyone says it is. The graphics and sound effects are incredible. The voice acting ranges from terrible to amazing. It's very slow starting out and the game makes you do some action with the controller to do anything in the game, but I understand they do that to build up the immersion. I can already tell that it's a game that everyone should at least try, especially if you're a parent. No fewer than 2 times yesterday did my wife say "If 'such & such' happens then you're turning this game off." I'm looking forward to really putting some time into the game and going through the story.

Alright, I'm done with this Wein-like review of my current gaming life.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing the XBLA Magic game the other night and after fucking around with the CPU for like a half hour, I got bored and unleashed an attack that did over 400 damage to her. I woulda done more, but she had a single creature out and it blocked my dude that was 198/199. Sad
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who has played both of the DS Dragon Quest remakes of IV and V? I really want to take a break from Pokeymanning and play V, but I only got a few chapters into IV and for some reason I want to try and beat it first cause it was fun for the bit I played of it. How long is IV? if it's gonna be a typical 60+ hour Dragon Questy ordeal, I might just skip it and go straight to the superior one.
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you never played 4?
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. The only DQ I've ever played before was the first one on NES, and then a little bit of the 1, 2 and 3 remakes for GBC. Oh and like five hours of DQ8. I don't really have a lot of history with the franchise.

I tried to go back and play the NES ones via emulation but the interface is way too dated. These remakes are pretty dope though. I just started playing IV again since I still had my old save file. Only about five hours in but so far so good. Story is kinda threadbare, but that's just how shit was back in the day.
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DQ 4 is pretty awesome. You should play it.

Also DQ 4 is the largest NES game at a whopping 800k. Almost one megabyte!
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know about the Xbox version of Divinity 2 mang. I watched videos and talked to someone else that played it and it seemed fairly broken.

I've finished Mario and Luigi now and am doing extra crap, and I've been kind of running through King's Quest games. My favorite is still King's Quest IV at the moment. I enjoyed that one despite its attempts to make me hate it.
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well compared to other WRPG's that have been reportedly broken as hell (Risen, Two Worlds), Divinity II is much higher reviewed (70+% as opposed to those games' 50-60%), and since I was able to play through Two Worlds even with it's flaws, I don't think Div II will be much of a problem.
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant though that it's mainly the port to the 360.

From what I understood the PC version was the one getting good scores, but the 360 version was not getting much love. It looked to me like it had a framerate in the single digits. Maybe they patched it, I dunno.

I was going to get it on PC one of these days, but I'm really bogged down with shit right now.
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got to Torneko's chapter. I'm totally running a weapon shop haha.
Overlord of the Netherworld

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster Hunter Tri

I'm going to end up putting like 1000 hours into this game I swear
Owozifa
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandar wrote:
Monster Hunter Tri

We should hunt monsters, broseph.
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owozifa wrote:
Pandar wrote:
Monster Hunter Tri

We should hunt monsters, broseph.

The swords need to be bigger in that game.
Call him SMX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
I just got to Torneko's chapter. I'm totally running a weapon shop haha.

I've played and totally enjoyed both. Gonna write a review for each one as soon as the college semester is over. DQIV as a whole is about your average 30-40 hour game, but it feels much faster (at least it did for me) because of each chapter's "Mini-RPG" feel. The main chapter is about 20-25 hours long, it goes by rather quickly. The post-game content is great though, some of my favorite in any game. That'll add about 15 more hours. (For the record, IV's bonus content really is great. I completely blasted that sucker, whereas V's I did not even touch)
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running the weapon shop was the best thing ever in that game.
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished DQ4, thanks for the recommendation, it was really great. The story was barebones and the characterization got thin after I hit the main hero's chapter, but playing through all the intros made the characters as meaningful as I would expect them from an NES RPG. I hear DQ5 is the turning point in the series that FF4 was, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it for the first time. I hear there's a bonus chapter in DQ4DS where you can recruit Psaro and stuff! That's rad, but it'll have to wait.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> RPG/Video Game Discussion All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 217, 218, 219  Next
Page 153 of 219
Jump to: