RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Are You Playing Now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151 ... 217, 218, 219  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> RPG/Video Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
datguy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beat Bioshock 2. Has much of the same awesome gameplay, making this a fun romp. The downsides are playing as a Big Daddy who can be killed easily is weak, there's no backtracking, the antagonist(s) are weak, and the game is literally half the length of the previous Bioshock.

These minuses are minor (minorses?) in the face of being told by a little genetic moppet that not only am I the best daddy ever who always saves her from the monsters, but she's going to tell the other little sisters she has the best daddy of all of them.
Wein Cruz
Likes bad games

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beat Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots last weekend. It was a great game with an incredible story and some great closure to the overall series. The gameplay didn't impress me as much as the previous games, though. Maybe I should've played it on a harder difficulty since I didn't really feel the need to make use of the options the gameplay provided for me. I rarely needed to use the Drebin Shop and I never needed the drum to hide in. And I certainly didn't need 90% of the weapons I got.

Anyway, I feel burnt out. I already decided I don't have the patience for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, so I'm going to sell it. And I don't feel like playing The Orange Box lately either.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing Enchanted Arms... I bought it for $5. Cactuar Run

Well, so far it's not too terrible, just cheesy as eff.
PipArchDevil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An AW fan. Eff yeah.
Nyghtberd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! I loves me some Advance Wars.

I found the first game under my crazy uncle's sofa, just the cartridge loose. Stole that shiz, played it like all day and night like a boss, and bought the second one pretty soon after. I didn't even really play videogames before that, just like... Tetris and stuff.

Hope yew enjoyed mah story. Cool

Anyway, played some more Enchanted Arms. I switched the VA back to Japanese. I prefer dubs mostly, but the English voice for Makoto was annoying me. Way too stereotypical, and just grating. The Japanese voice might be too, but I don't speak Japanese, so I can't tell. Also, the fast forward feature in battles is nice. It's not a good game really, but I'll probably stick with it. I've played worse and I have a lot of free time.
datguy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadly Premonition. It's as bad as you think it is. Killing juggalos is fun, though.
VsPluckyDuck
Duckslit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played some Actraiser the other day, just for kicks. In a one hour sitting, I cleared all the way up through Kasadora. Half the game.

And then I went on Youtube to check something out and found a guy who was running a Let's Play and he did the first act of every nation in a row, and then went back to do the second. Really? Beating Northwall 1 before Fillmore 2? Has anybody else ever played like that? Am I just insane?

Anyways, in another sitting I'm cleared up through Marahna. I finally figured out how to beat the stupid swamp plant boss without magic, too, so this has been fun AND productive!
Omegarage
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been playing a lot of demos lately. God of War 3 looks to be a lot of same as the first 2; which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Got my pre order for FF XIII because according to Gamespot forums, I hate myself.
PipArchDevil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth since it came out. I suspect I'm near the end, but it's been all the fun I expected from an AA game. Seems way easier than any of the previous entries though, they hint on the solutions way too hard sometimes.

Also, a bud of mine got Tatsunoko vs Capcom, so I got some time on that this weekend. Tons of fun, I'd definitely get it had I a Wii. Right now my favorite characters are Alex and Saki. Nice combo of close range power and screen length turtle bullet spam.
Sethimothy
*Accomplished* Bastard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God my DSi back. Going to try to beat SMT: Devil Survivor. Also PS0 is a lot more fun now that I've got a dedicated group of people to pick up and play with. Gogogo Super Hard mode. :O
datguy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Achieved Rank 40 in Bioshock 2, and now I will never touch the MP portion again. It's kinda neat - achieving the highest rank unlocks an "ending".

I guess Fate/Stay Night until Tuesday. Then I will be considered as the same self-loathing as OmegaRage.
Wein Cruz
Likes bad games

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered .hack// infection, Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII, and Tomb Raider 3: Adventures of Lara Croft on eBay today, so I should have them next week. I also plan to trade some games to help buy Final Fantasy XIII the following weekend.

Looking forward to some kickass gaming in the coming weeks!
The Great White Bear of Sunflower Street

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomb Raider III. That was OK. II was the height of the series though. Only got slightly more stale with each following installment.
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't bother with Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII.

Go straight to VIII and X.

Trust me.
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth last night. Haven't played enough to form an opinion compared to the previous games, but some of the new elements are pretty cool.
Owozifa
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Fantasy XIII.

Yeah, what do you want from me?
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For you to be less gay.
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
For you to be less gay.

Ugh... I'm that gay too....

I'm honestly not seeing the difficulty in this game though. A ton of people were saying its like ramped up hard, but as far as I can tell all you have to do is set your Paradigms up and switch when you need to. Other than that you can just tap "x". At first I thought it was just because it was early in the game, but now I'm like 11 hours in and nothing has really changed much.

I did die once though, but that was because I accidentally selected an action before switching Paradigms and my main character got raped while every one else had full health. That and the level caps are probably why people think this game is hard.

It sure is pretty though.
Super Megaman X
Call him SMX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently working mainly on Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, with a little bit of Megaman 10 thrown in there, and I finally just got my new gaming laptop, so Borderlands looks completely hot, and now I can actually play online with some fools. Anyone up for a game soon?
VsPluckyDuck
Duckslit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solice Kirsk wrote:
LiQuid! wrote:
For you to be less gay.

Ugh... I'm that gay too....

I'm honestly not seeing the difficulty in this game though. A ton of people were saying its like ramped up hard, but as far as I can tell all you have to do is set your Paradigms up and switch when you need to. Other than that you can just tap "x". At first I thought it was just because it was early in the game, but now I'm like 11 hours in and nothing has really changed much.

I did die once though, but that was because I accidentally selected an action before switching Paradigms and my main character got raped while every one else had full health. That and the level caps are probably why people think this game is hard.

It sure is pretty though.

If you time your paradigm switches correctly, you can fill your ATB bar. So later on it becomes less "Switching when you need to" and more "Switching so you can get in enough actions that you don't die/lose the Stagger/lose important buffs."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> RPG/Video Game Discussion All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151 ... 217, 218, 219  Next
Page 150 of 219
Jump to: