RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Cat Returns (Studio Ghibli film review)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChaosNyte

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: The Cat Returns (Studio Ghibli film review) Reply with quote

The upside of Disney buying all of Ghibli's movie rights is that we get to see films from the studio that would never get fansubbed. Is it worth a rental? Read the review and find out! http://www.rpgland.com/anime/catreturns/review.html

PS: If no one responds to this thread I'm going to start linking to hentai in here.
NR
The Great White Bear of Sunflower Street

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this thing like, part of a trilogy or something?
ChaosNyte

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was based on an earlier Ghibli film called "Whisper of the Heart" which is getting released here late next year. There really isn't too much in common between the two films though.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved this movie. Probably more than I should have. The Baron was a really cool character and Cary Elwes did such an uber job with the voice work. The story got a little wacky at the end, but it didn't matter all that much. I liked this more than a lot of Miyazaki's films.
True Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, was good. I'd give it 7.5 out of 10 snax.
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cary Elwes MADE the dub.

Tim Curry was all right.
20th Century Boy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaosNyte wrote:
It was based on an earlier Ghibli film called "Whisper of the Heart" which is getting released here late next year. There really isn't too much in common between the two films though.

Yeah, i haven't seen this, but i've seen Whisper of the Heart. I love that movie. This is a spinoff of it, taking place in the fictional world that is very breifly shown in WotH. I'd like to see this sometime soon.
paper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloudcent wrote:
ChaosNyte wrote:

Yeah, i haven't seen this, but i've seen Whisper of the Heart. I love that movie. This is a spinoff of it, taking place in the fictional world that is very breifly shown in WotH. I'd like to see this sometime soon.

I saw both.. and I hafta say I like The Cat Returns better. Simply because it involved a fictional fantasy world. Made things more interesting, you know? WoTH was a bit too slow for me. Enjoyable, but still too slow.

http://www.eatpaper.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> Animu Discussion All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: