RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soldier's Quest (rm2k3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sethimothy
*Accomplished* Bastard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From that other forum, the one we're apparently stalking, our Robin Hood posts:

Quote:
All because they cannot fucking be respectful to others, and accept the creations... what is even more low on their side is, that I bet they have their computer full of illegal roms, and that's much more illegal than simply borrowing a couple of random pics to polish the game better.

So, wait, I'm LiQuid! now?

Or, to put it as I obviously see it:

Quote:
THOSE GUYS CALL ME A THIEF BUT I BET THEY'RE EVEN BIGGER THIEVES AND THIS SPECULATION MAKES MY THIEVERY (WHICH I SO READILY DENY) OK!

Fun times, fun times.
datguy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what is even more low on their side is, that I bet they have their computer full of illegal roms, and that's much more illegal than simply borrowing a couple of random pics to polish the game better.

Fuck that shit. I buy my stuff, albeit at highly discounted prices; but it's all legal. A lot of the people here do as well.

Antifarea, you've done little else but act the hypocrite. The facts are before you, but

Quote:
You are lucky I'm not gay, cause If I was I would have rammed my c*** down your throat, once again, no offense, just sharing my opinions or I should say, facts.

seriously? How is that not hypocrisy? Also, how is someone not supposed to take offense to that? Your English is horrible in that quote!

Do better.
Lloyd Ougandur Van Yattaf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was planning on never looking at this part of the forum but then God itself guided me.

Anyway Antifarea, your game looks incredibly generic in every way. And then the title is "Soldier's quest - Legend of the 7 holy maidens"
The only RPGmaker games that have ever interested anyone aside from the RPGmaker community are Barkley shut up and jam gaiden and that texas chainsaw massacre game.
T-diggity
KING OF CAPSLOCK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

HEY NOW, THIS GUY MAY NOT BE HALF BAD!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anti is not around so I will respond on his behalf. It was his choice to make a fan game, no need to beat down on his game. If you really want to show how bad his game is as you say, then that task should be simple for you.

All you need to do is simply make a game better than his with rpg maker. I mean if one of you guys made a game, the diffrence in quality would be clear. Dont get me wrong, as I am not trying to sound sarcastic, which it kinda did when I reread it. I am actually interested to see just how good a game you guys can make. You guys can even make it together if ya want, if you decide to do this.

The only reason anti keeps coming back is to defend what he said, as he doesnt want false info to be spread about his game. I have to agree with you guys on the matter of there being a ton of crap rpg maker games out there, but not all of them are bad. The only problem with that is theres even fewer of them in english. I dont see anything wrong with anti making games, and improving as he goes. I found his game to be interesting.

I just thought I would toss my opinions out there.

Edit: didnt realize it made my avatar that big, going to fix it now.
DecAway

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

First of all, I would like to start off by saying that the posting of this game has really inspired me. It has inspired me to write my congressman or woman, begging them to enact legislation to remove the right to "independent thoughts" from people with an IQ less than a goldfish. Regardless of whether this game was "created" by you, or by rpgmaker, you didn't create it. Furthermore, maybe you should do a little reading on conjunctions and pick up a third grade reading primer. Reading your posts and the intro screen to your game makes me want to gouge homeless people's eyes out with rusty spoons while I listen to Hannah Montana music. Other than that, have a great day. Try playing solitaire or something the next time you have 3 weeks of spare time and don't know what to do with your life.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-diggity wrote:
Quote:

HEY NOW, THIS GUY MAY NOT BE HALF BAD!

POST OF THE CENTURY!
Duckslit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

DecAway wrote:
First of all, I would like to start off by saying that the posting of this game has really inspired me. It has inspired me to write my congressman or woman, begging them to enact legislation to remove the right to "independent thoughts" from people with an IQ less than a goldfish. Regardless of whether this game was "created" by you, or by rpgmaker, you didn't create it. Furthermore, maybe you should do a little reading on conjunctions and pick up a third grade reading primer. Reading your posts and the intro screen to your game makes me want to gouge homeless people's eyes out with rusty spoons while I listen to Hannah Montana music. Other than that, have a great day. Try playing solitaire or something the next time you have 3 weeks of spare time and don't know what to do with your life.

If I'm reading correctly, the man's first language is Spanish, so he gets points for being able to semi-coherently translate it into English. It's not perfect, but whose would be?

That said, I don't think I'd have the guts to hurl internet insults in my second language, for fear of getting smacked down hard.
J.L.Jones
I'd like to see this

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did a damn good job putting this guy down though. For what it's worth.
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone recover the edit of the main topic post? What a flaming faggot, he burned all the damned evidence!
I'd like to see this

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gots what u need.

Quote:
[DISCLAIMER]
This is a game I made back in 2002, it was in spanish language, then now in 2007 it was just sitting on my computer, then I decided to translate it and do some sort of remake, while keeping the old look, but just better. To know about the version update of the game, please refer to the What's NEW section below... if you decide to play this DEMO, if you give feedback, focus on the game itself, the bugs/errors aren't as important as I beta test this game all the time. Exclusive custom resources for Soldier's Quest, are not to be used in your games without permission. For more concrete information, check the credits section at the end of this post.

-Official in-game Prologue-
Long ago... In ancient legends, it tells of the existence of powerful dark power capable of destroying anything it touches. Bloodlines, the legendary magic Only known by mysterious owners of a vast and powerful land... the Nox hierarchy.

It is unknown how the Nox, inheritors of this power, could handle such magnificent energy without being consumed by it while casting it. Although They could have conquered the world easily with this power, they only used it to work on making their land the most advanced civilization on earth.

As time passed people became amazed by the Nox's knowledge and power, up to the point that greed took over them and the world was engulfed in the flames of war. As the battles continued, casualties increased great enough for both sides, including members of the Nox hierarchy, causing it's ruler to take drastic measures against the rest of the world.

The Nox ruler casted Bloodlines, unleashing chaos and destruction to everything that was across it's path, to the point that the world itself would become extinct. But not everything was lost. Seven maidens with the power of Light reunited and casted a powerful magic in order to seal this malevolent power.

With Bloodlines unavailable the Nox hierarchy was defeated, and their land was forsaken in the dust. For generations the holy maidens were there to protect the seal in order to prevent humanity's greed from causing future catastrophes...

Many years have passed after this great conflict making these tragic events part of the past, but not for long, as once again rumors have arisen of the existence of a survivor from the Nox hierarchy...

MAIN CHARACTERS

Description of Characters, From left to right...[/left]

1.Heath Warfare
Sex: M
Class: Human
Degree: High rank S. (Agares Castle)
Weapon of choice: Sword

2.Lucia Celeste
Sex: F
Degree: Mid Rank S. / Archer
Weapon of choice: Axe (Heavy Sword ...until the next update)

3.Richter *****
Sex: M
Class: Human / Undisclosed Royalty
Degree: Hunter / Undisclosed
Weapon of choice: Bow & Arrows

4. ??????
Degree: Undisclosed
Weapon of choice: Undisclosed

5. ??????
Degree: Undisclosed
Weapon of choice: Undisclosed

There are more characters in the game, but I haven't finished them, as well, I will be sharing them later on in future updates.

SOME OF THE MAIN ENEMIES:

Description of Characters, From left to right... (detailed info undisclosed for now).

1. "Crimson assasin".
2. The Masked Necromancer.
3. ????????
4. ????????
5. ????????

(more info in the upcoming posts as i continue onward onto the next versions)

-What's New-

Soldier's Quest ver. 1.5 SEPT. 2008 DEMO 3 PLAYABLE TEASER

-More playable characters in this chapter!
-2 new dungeons, and a few other locations in this update.
-Status ailments now have animations in battle.
-Character Sprites in field have vast improved sprites, compared how they were in the older versions.
-Animations in field have been improved, as well for important battle in field events.
-New design for Heath in battle, as well other playable characters finished.
-Items have custom animations when used in battle.
-Cut bushes in some locations.
-All maps improved with extra locations inside of them, as well with unique design.
-Enemies/bosses have challenging attacks and behavior. Be prepared, they are smart now!
-Enemies in field have their corresponding animations when they die, as well there are more variety in field.
the monsters that inhabit the dungeons/fields.
-Catch the pigs mini-game!
-Cheat Codes!! Use the computer inside the house to activate them.
-The few small grammar mistakes in the dialogue are fixed now.
-Treasure chests added on their corresponding places.
-Fixed as many bugs I encountered.
-Switched the music a little bit and used more suitable tunes in some few cases that was needed.

...MORE INFORMATION COMING UP SOON THIS WEEK!

Simon 'sez, let's bring the link back! XD
[img]http://www.mediafire.com/?1gminlbxngi[/img]

-SCREENSHOTS OF THE DEMO 3 TEASER AVAILABLE-

Castlevania IV, V (snes)
Zelda 3: A link to the past (snes)
Fire Emblem 7 (gba)

and some small influences too from...

7th Saga (snes)
Secret of Mana (snes)
Final Fantasy IV (snes)

MP3 MUSIC (taken from OSTs)

RG VEDA - Instrumental version 1.
Alcahest - Leading soft, Grief.
Final Fantasy IV - Kingdom Baron.
Growlanser - Who are you.
Chaos Legion - Stage title BGM, Evil shore.
Growlanser III - Journey to a dream.
Tales of Phantasia - The stream of time.
Xenogears - My village is number one, Back to sleep.
YS VI: Ark of Napishtim - The akindo, Mighty obstacle, The zemeth Zanctum.
Tales of the Abyss - The arrow was shot, Theme of mini game.
Threads of Fate - Feeling good!.
Star Ocean 3 - The divine spirit of language.
Star Ocean 2 - Rescue Operation.
Atelier Iris 2 - Victory is in our hands.
Onimusha 3 - Courage, love and ammunition.
Secret of Mana - It happened late one evening.
Castlevania: S.O.T.N - Crystal teardrops, Game over.
Castlevania: L.O.I - Elemental tactician.
Castlevania: Chi no rondo - Cross a fear.
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - Sarabande of healing.
SMT Devil Summoner (Raidou) - Shock! the final battle.
Climax Landers - Inside the shop.
Street Fighter EX2 plus - Before moon.
Bloodly Roar 3 - Into the battlefield.
Guilty Gear Isuka - The irony of Chaste.
Magic Knight Rayeart - (Episode summary theme).
Bt'x - (Episode summary theme).
Chrono Cross - Shadow's end forest.
Valkyrie Profile - Blameless thoughts.
Dawn of Mana - Don't Hunt the fairy SK4 ver.

Antifarea (Charles Gabriel) original game 2002, remake 2007
-A game created using RPGMAKER 2000, and 2003 for it's remake.

-CREDITS-

[/size]Soldier's Quest Logo design: Antifarea (original custom art fonts + picture rips)
Storyline/Theme, Dialogue & original Script: Antifarea (2002, 2007)
Font Art used in the Game/post: Antifarea (2007/2008) (using NeoPaint)
Title Screen/Game Over design: Antifarea (2008)
Exclusive Soldier's Quest Charaset Sprites: Antifarea (2007-2008)
Windowskins/message boxes: Antifarea (MSG box ripped from Dark Kingdom)
Facesets design original by: Antifarea (Using Fire Emblem gba templates)
Map design/chipsets original by: Antifarea (using overall rips + merging/edits/recolors)
Event Codes/programming by: Antifarea (2002/2007)
Custom Engines by: Antifarea (2007/2008)
Battle charasets, original by: Antifarea (using Tales of the world 3 gba templates)
Battle backgrounds rips/adaptation by: Antifarea (using rips from FF1,FF2 & FF4 gba games)
Picture Cutscenes, original by: Antifarea (using image rips as templates)
Music used in the game: Taken from OSTs of the corresponding games they belong to...
MP3 EDITs/file size cuts: Antifarea (using Wavepad)
RPGMAKER 2000/2003 RTP RESOURCES USED: ASCII/ENTERBRAIN All rights reserved.
Spanish translation/adaptation: Antifarea (2007-2008)
BETA TESTING (all versions): Antifarea 2007-2008

[b]-Other credits-

-RANDOM RESOURCES USED BELONGS TO THEIR RESPECTIVE CREATORS WHOSE NAMES ARE UNKNOWN.
(If you are one of those authors and have proof of your creation and want credit, then contact me and I shall update this section.)
-The origin of the character "Heath" is from the game Fire Emblem 7 (gba)

-Special Thanks-

-Savefile free hosting
-Forums that allow advertising of this project, and more specially for foreign ones.
-Websites that have uploaded Soldier's Quest into their project library.
-A million thanks for many of the comments/criticism those who always play the Soldier's Quest updates.
-A lot of thanks for every single one of you who crazily downloaded the first version, and those who do so in the rest of the updates.
-Anyone who I have forgot in here...

Any questions, comments, contact me here.

(email/screename not given for privacy matters, not that it matters anymore since I already have all my personal info and uploaded to the site, against my will)

The Great White Bear of Sunflower Street

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the content of every one of his posts is archived to boot, so like, he can edit all he wants and it won't do a lick of good....
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are masters of Internet!!!!111

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to make a new sub-forum called "The Classics" and move a select few like this thread into it...
NR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha and as a defense mechanism to pretend it all never existed, he removes thread links and closes his own thread at the other place:

Wow. This guy...is something else.
I haven't even banned him because it's just like, so full of surprises, it's too good.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want him to leave. Sad

That'd be like losing T-DIGG.... Not quite "one of us," but a vital part of what makes us tick.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just interesting for our Keyboard Warrior to note...

http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/?showtopic=20432

Quote:
The true fun in the Rpg Maker., Fun in making or in playing?

Quote:
For me, I found much more fun to make games than to actually play them.

- I have tried a lot of other RM games and I don't really go much far since I get bored quickly.

Poko4Sho wrote:
I like making games more than playing them...

ccoa wrote:
I'm going to tell you right now that "making" is going to win by a landslide. It's something of a quandry, because everyone wants people to play their games, but people are essentially around only to make games. It makes it difficult to get feedback.

jasonicus wrote:
I agree with CCOA. I really only make them and I love to do it. I don't play too many other people's games, mainly because so many use the same graphics as me, and it's hard for me to see "my" character acting differently. But, it is fun to see some games, and get ideas from others.

Ninjuit wrote:
I play the ones I think are interesting (not many).

Fade wrote:
I'm not surprised making is winning. The vast majority of rpg maker games are unremarkable if not downright bad.

The Shadow wrote:
rather make my own games then play them. Im finding it fun to create my own world, and decide the fate of the whole thing. It's alot of fun, and that's the only reason Im doing it.

When it comes to play them, i've basicly only played 2 games made by any RPG Making program.

It goes on...
Check the thread for yourself, not a single soul is favoring "playing them" at all. So it makes it even more perplexig that it already was: what was this guy expecting when he came in here posting that?
Phil
Bloody persistant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NR wrote:
We need to make a new sub-forum called "The Classics" and move a select few like this thread into it...

Seconded.

VsPluckyDuck wrote:
Sweet. You going to bust out some internal speaker sound? Or is that a bit too old-school?

Probably not *that* old school.

Also, doing a dungeon crawler in that vein would be easier because I'm a horrible artist, and coming up with animations for a platformer would be too hard Sad
J.L.Jones
I'd like to see this

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could just steal them, Martyr. Like our friend here.
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sethimony, where's your first review draft?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> Creation Discussion All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9
Jump to: