RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saddest anime moments and endings (A.K.A. spoiler heaven)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Owozifa
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I figure it can't all be based on a true story. The only ones that could relay it would have a tough time doing so all things considered.
a$$

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much beyond the fact that the war happened and this scenario was probably played out in the thousands is true, though? Did they have it from a survivor?
Super Megaman X
Call him SMX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the film was based on a semi-autobiographical novel by a Japanese writer who survived bombings on Japan during World War II. Not sure if any of his/her family members died or not...but just from that, I believe the story is a bit more of a personal nature than just recounting one of a thousand different stories that happened.
Solice Kirsk
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grave of the Fireflies was the hardest movie I ever sat through. I have a little sister and it was almost unbearable to think of being in that situation.
"True to the bullet pith on the enclose, Rocksmith allows you to beat the drum for legitimate hither any electric guitar into the proprietary USB chain that comes with the encounter..." - NEERGENCE, 12/02/2011
Owozifa
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I once watched it with my little brother, and the age difference between us is similar to them. What the fuck was I thinking?
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't cry during that movie, especially if you have a younger sibling, you are a cold hearted bastard who should die and make the world a slightly happier place.
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years back there was a thread in Something Awful's anime forum where they had people photoshop anime scenes to see who could change the scene the most.

One of the entries was the little sister from GOTF with a huge smile holding a bowl of rice and riding a segway. It wasnt very well done but it made me laugh. I would post it but I cant view archived threads.
"True to the bullet pith on the enclose, Rocksmith allows you to beat the drum for legitimate hither any electric guitar into the proprietary USB chain that comes with the encounter..." - NEERGENCE, 12/02/2011
savory snax
True Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a related note I saw Barefoot Gen yesterday. It starts off like a regular silly 80's style anime (albeit set in WW2 Japan)...then they get nuked.
Its surreal throughout. They'll be laughing and smiling one minute but then they'll come across someone who got their face melted off from the bomb or radiation. Meanwhile family and friends die all around them. All in all a good but strange experience.
Oh ho ho ho ho ho!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ending of Princess Tutu is sad.

Im not even fucking kidding. Thats a shoujo anime and aimed at little girls and you'd think it would end on a happy note.

Not only does the guy who Ahiru loved and helped not love her back in the end, he picks the crazy obsessed Rue, and the main character has to give back his heart piece and in return stays a duck. The girl he picked wasnt that bad but she sure as hell did some fucked up things and was way too obsessed with him. She freaking dipped a piece of his heart shard in crow blood.

Couldnt he let her have one heart shard so she can stay human?! Its not like it would kill him. He was fine without the last piece. I mean its nice she finds someone else(Fakir)who loves her back even if she turns back into a duck

But come fucking on.

She went through all that bullshit and stays a duck in the end? After she had a taste of living as a human girl and finding true love? WTF?! And she isnt one of those cartoony talking ducks. She can just quack and thats it. How are they gonna have any sort of relationship at all now? they cant even talk together. The bird body wasnt enough?! She'll become his pet.

Sequel now bitch. And make her stay a human this time.

ahjsbhwehhhdsucihdsdchdshck
Owozifa
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually had to look that show up to make sure you weren't talking random bullshit.

I'm very sad that you aren't.

IT'S TOO EARLY FOR THIS!
Oh ho ho ho ho ho!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owozifa wrote:
I actually had to look that show up to make sure you weren't talking random bs.

I'm very sad that you aren't.

IT'S TOO EARLY FOR THIS!

Its a beautiful anime but it tricked me. I all rooting for Ahiru and Fakir and BAM a wedding between the less awesome characters and the my favorites (and the MAIN CHARACTERS) get the short end of the stick. I could not believe it. I ALWAYS GET WHAT I WANT. So this sadenned (arghhjsj) me greatly.

Oh well..its kinda open ending. What Fakir writes can become reality. And they show him writing something as he watches duck swim in a lake. Maybe he brings her back to being a human and they dont show it.

Yeah yeah thats it!! Mr. Green Awwwwwright.

Oh shit I just ruined the show for all yall right? Watch it anyways and enjoy it. Heartbeat
brandonstale

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

savory snax wrote:
Agreed, Grave of the Fireflies is one of the saddest films (not just Anime) I've ever seen.

Bebop also had a pretty tragic ending.

Also if you've seen Trigun then you already know about the character in my sig... Sad

One of my favorite anime Trigun "Love and Peace"
Vash the Stampede is a gunfighter with a legend so ruthless that he has a $$60,000,000,000 bounty on his head.
But the real Vash the Stampede is not the same man that rumor portrays him to be. ^^,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> Animu Discussion All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: