RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
I never said anything negative about Deadwood... When you stealth edit someone's posts, you should try to make it a bit clever or at least insulting...

And Deadwood is one of my favourite shows of all time, but the latter seasons couldn't hold up to the first. The spirit of the growing camp, the prospecting, the adventure, and Wild Bill were too much awesome. After Tolliver moved in, and later Hearst, it got continually more politicky and overly verbose to the point where you're just watching a vulgar, old west, soap opera.

STFU YOU HAVE BITCHED ABOUT IT BEFORE... I remember you doing so. I am lazy to go digging up quotes.

but yeah... heroes is pretty nerdy... also it is not on hbo so that makes all the difference.

Also Deadwood is supposed to be a vulgar old west soap opera.

Jesus fucking christ.
I'd like to see this

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just because a show isn't on HoBO, it sucks? Classic.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I agree it doesn't help matters... Not specifically HBO, but premium TV has been doing a lot to help me get back into TV. HBO and Showtime alone probably account for half of the shows I've been watching, and want to watch... Shows like Dexter, Deadwood, Brotherhood, Sopranos, etc, just couldn't work on basic cable or network TV. I just started watching Big Love and really want to go back and watch The Wire, Six Feet Under, Rome, and a few others. Premium TV dramas are the freaking shit. Ooops, I can't say shit here. This forum sucks.
Betrayal Burger

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Well, I agree it doesn't help matters... Not specifically HBO, but premium TV has been doing a lot to help me get back into TV. HBO and Showtime alone probably account for half of the shows I've been watching, and want to watch... Shows like Dexter, Deadwood, Brotherhood, Sopranos, etc, just couldn't work on basic cable or network TV. I just started watching Big Love and really want to go back and watch The Wire, Six Feet Under, Rome, and a few others. Premium TV dramas are the freaking sh**. Ooops, I can't say sh** here. This forum sucks.

Yeah I'm glad to be back home with the HBO On Demand. I actually saw they had the first 6 or so episodes of Carnivale up. I heard a lot of good things about the show, but I also know it got cut short after 2 seasons, so I'm debating on whether or not I want to take the plunge...probably not but I'm glad the option is there.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the thing I'm starting to learn by watching Big Love is that all HBO produced dramas are inherently good. The problem is that I'm not always in their target demographic... I won't be watching Carnivale because the circus freak setting just doesn't really do it for me. I'd rather invest some time in Rome, The Wire and/or SFU.
Betrayal Burger

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to rank my favorite seasons of a TV show, the first season of the Wire and the second season of Rome would probably be in my top 5. Can't go wrong with either one.
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.L.Jones wrote:
So just because a show isn't on HoBO, it sucks? Classic.

QFT
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Heroes finale was pretty retarded and anticlimactic... Why the hell did Nathan need to fly Peter up into the sky? Why couldn't Peter just use his own fly power?
The Original Geek

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
The Heroes finale was pretty retarded and anticlimactic... Why the hell did Nathan need to fly Peter up into the sky? Why couldn't Peter just use his own fly power?

That's what gets me. The Heroes finale had to potential to be kick ass, but they opted for more emotion-driven storyline rather than a showing of power.

And after all the hype it received... I'm more than a little disappointed.

Couldn't we have just given Peter a bullet in the head, that would have solved a bunch of problems right there.

Fools speak because they have to say something.

~Plato
Acend
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Well the thing I'm starting to learn by watching Big Love is that all HBO produced dramas are inherently good. The problem is that I'm not always in their target demographic... I won't be watching Carnivale because the circus freak setting just doesn't really do it for me. I'd rather invest some time in Rome, The Wire and/or SFU.

You need to watch them ALL!

Rome is by far the best HBO drama they've had, I know it sounds like blasphemy and I used to put Deadwood there but ooooh no Rome tops them all.

Also Carnivale is a awesomely weird treat of a show I also recommend all to see. You'll be lost first couple episodes but stick with it, the payoff is worth it.
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acend wrote:

Rome is by far the best HBO drama they've had, I know it sounds like blasphemy and I used to put Deadwood there but ooooh no Rome tops them all.

Also Carnivale is a awesomely weird treat of a show I also recommend all to see. You'll be lost first couple episodes but stick with it, the payoff is worth it.

Rome is good. Not Deadwood good.

I saw the last Carnivale episode last year. I almost punched the wall knowing they were not going to make anymore.

I mean WTF.

Let's do a ranking fo HBO shows regardless of what kind of show they are.

1. Deadwood
2. Sopranos
3. Entourage
4. Rome
5. Lucky Louie
6. Carnivale

Meh. That is pretty much all I watched so far.

I want to see that new show coming out where the guy says "The end is near".

Also I refuse to watch big love because I hate mormons. I know it's a stupid reason to not watch it but you can hate me for it if you want.
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky Louie is one of the worst things that's ever happened to TV. That show almost made me retarded and I only saw bits of pieces of episodes...

Big Love isn't about Mormons. It's about polygamists, who the Mormons strongly oppose (within the context of the show anyways, I have no clue what those people do in real life). The weird thing is, the first couple episodes it really feels like you're on some different planet where nothing makes sense to our feeble human brains. I'm not sure if polygamy is really going on anywhere in America for realz, but if it is, it's some wacky ass shit. I just finished the first season today and I can't wait for it to start back up again in a few weeks. It turned into a really interesting show. Plus you get to see Bill Paxton's ass damn near every episode. Bonus!
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Lucky Louie is one of the worst things that's ever happened to TV. That show almost made me retarded and I only saw bits of pieces of episodes...

Lucky Louie is full of deep underlying meaning and morals.

Also shows with live studio audiences are awesome. See Cheers.
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no fucking way that was a live studio audience. No one could have ever laughed at that show. I call shenanigans.
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
I call shenanigans.

I'll call you Betty.
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the entire 3 hour semifinals of the Scripps National Spelling Bee on ESPN. I feel kind of dirty for it, but I really enjoyed watching Spellbound last year so I decided to give it a shot and got massively hooked. It was really fun watching kids sweat over something as rediculous as spelling. One kid was even embroiled in controversy when his mom challenged the judges because she didn't feel they gave all the proper pronounciations for her kid's word. Hilarity! It's like a soccer mom, only way fucking nerdier!

Anyways, the finals are on live on ABC tonight. You guys should definately check it out.
Duckslit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, spelling bees. There's a local kid in the US for some international one right now, and there are usually three to four stories and advertisements in the paper each day about him and the spelling bees happening in the year. It's funny--two years ago you wouldn't have heard a peep about it.
NR
The Great White Bear of Sunflower Street

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
It was really fun watching kids sweat over something as rediculous as spelling.

This sentence made me chuckle.
But hey, props for not being a hypocrite, eh?
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I couldn't be bothered to waste the formative decade of my life with my nose buried in textbooks and dictionaries. Smile
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Just watched the entire 3 hour semifinals of the Scripps National Spelling Bee on ESPN.

This and the Big Love thing has concluded to me that you are a faggot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> Misc. Discussion All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 8 of 25
Jump to: