RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Are You Playing Now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 217, 218, 219  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> RPG/Video Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
savory snax
True Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started Pirates! tonight and it pretty much rocks. I already have about 20k gold and a frigate, I killed Blackbeard and the super-hot daughter of the Havana governor digs me Cool This is much better than real life. I still need to do all the find my family waffle though so I hope the game isn't too short. Is there any advantage to having multiple ships (sounds like annoying upkeep) and serving multiple countries? Right now I'm a Spanish baron and the English want my head Wink

Idin Leis wrote:
You don't listen to me Sad. Guess you don't want Pirates! online for free. Which is basically what Voyage Century is.

If Voyage is anything like Pirates! you can sign me up.

And I'll probably still get Trauma Center DS. My daughter is starting to think the DS is hers Shocked
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slap dat ho.
The Great White Bear of Sunflower Street

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Slap dat ho.

Once for me, too.
savory snax
True Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NR wrote:
LiQuid! wrote:
Slap dat ho.

Once for me, too.

She's gonna get a DS reality check fo'sho once I get Trauma Center, New SMB, or Castlevania. Damn I wish they made a new 2d Metroid. I don't care for this newfangled 3d Metroid stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RagePirate and VsPluckyDuck came here over Christmas (and crap, we forgot to get a picture of all 3 of us together, which may have been the picture containing the most forum members in one single shot ever), and we played some goo ol'

DAMN that game is still fun. The precinct assault mode is still as good as a lot of current-or-recent-gen multiplayer experiences available.
timrpgland
Founder, Est. 1999

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since getting a new 360 I've been catching up. Finished Call of Duty 3 and Rainbow Six: Vegas. Assault Heroes on XBLA is fun too.
Founder, Est. 1999

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished Gears of War single player on Hardcore last night. Not sure if I'll touch insane.
True Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoR ftw.
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!!!

I just got the new wario ware game!!!!

UN FUCKINGBELIEVABLE!

Screw it. I am not going to tell you how good it is.

I am done.
Betrayal Burger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timrpgland wrote:
Finished Gears of War single player on Hardcore last night. Not sure if I'll touch insane.

Yeah maybe I'm just not good at that game or something, but I felt like Hardcore was...hardcore enough for me. Apparently two of my friends played co-op insane and it took them 2 hours just to clear the mine carts. Oh and they're a lot better than me. I'm avoiding the insane myself. Plus we just joined some NHL 2k7 league and we're like yeah leagues! So Gears gets a break.
timrpgland
Founder, Est. 1999

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah there were a few somewhat frustrating spots but really the only big trouble was against RAAM because.... I missed the Torque Bow in the room previous the first 10-15 tries.. Once I found it, it just took a little more patience. Ugh. I hate simple things like that.

I'll probably eventually try it on Insane when I want a challenge. I'd also like to try RS:Vegas on Realistic. I'm sure both of those would last me a while or at least til I break a controller. Wink
Duckslit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idin Leis wrote:
JESUS spelunking CHRIST!!!!!

I just got the new wario ware game!!!!

UN FUCKINGBELIEVABLE!

Screw it. I am not going to tell you how good it is.

I am done.

I've been saying this since I heard about it. And everybody talks me down saying "Wario Ware sucks!" or "Look how gimmicky that is!" or in the case of my friends who don't play games, "Is that actually supposed to be fun?", "It goes too fast!" or "What's the point?"

Glad to know that its apparently as awesome as I thought it would be.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally beat FFXII. I was pleased by the overall ending. The cinematics alone were worth completing it for. The final group of boss fights were a pain in the fucking ass though. By the time I got to the last one I was about to slit my wrists and it took like 50 phoenix downs to get through the whole ordeal. Maybe I should have leveled up first or done the extra hunts for uber gear or whatever... All said and done I give the game a solid A- for polish and fun gameplay, but the narrative was kind of weak, even if it all wrapped up nicely. Wasn't as engaging as any of the recent FF titles.
Duckslit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday, after my dental appointment, I decided to treat myself to a new handheld game (not too expensive) to play while I'm away from home, since most of the other games I can play out here at college have been fairly saturated. So I took the elevator down to the mall (my dentist's office is in a tower above our downtown mall) and headed to EB Games. After some deliberation around the DS wall, I went to the beat-up GBA rack. I spotted SRT: OG 1 and 2 there, FFIVa and FFVa, but didn't feel like paying a premium for those. So then I said to myself "Hmm, what sounds good that came out for GBA recently? Wasn't there one by the Riviera crew?" So I moved aside a hideous Cars game for GBA and sure enough, Yggdra Union was behind it. $35.

Side story: While I went to go pay, some guy came up behind the counter and handed in his resume, and asked to talk to the manager. I guess they were hiring, because the cashier made some small talk about getting hired. And this potential candidate pipes up with this brilliant remark:
"Yeah, it'd be neat to work here. Video games and stuff. I used to play a lot of them a few years ago, but not now...I had a PS2, but can't play it any more. I finished all my games."
Because running out of games deceases your system. Durrr. Replay some of your games, guy. Or buy a cheap one from the used rack behind you.

Anyways, Yggdra Union. There aren't words to describe how much I am enjoying this game, currently. I'm about 4, 5 hours in and having a blast. Why did this game get no GBA honours in the GoTY awards? Yeesh. Makes me wish I'd played it while we could still vote.
It's very complicated, but in a good way.
J.L.Jones
I'd like to see this

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately I've been really addicted to Ys games. I can't explain it.

It's nice having a modded PSP though. I put Ys: Ark of Napishtim on a memory stick and it plays great. Hardly any load times.
Sethimothy
*Accomplished* Bastard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yggdra Union

That's like the third person on this board I've heard talk about this game. Write a review of it already so I can remember it the next time I go game shopping.

To be fair, I was not a big fan of Riviera, but everything I've heard about Yggdra says "Buy! Buy! Buy!" Except, maybe, the card system. I've never been a fan of card systems in games, ever.

I've been playing some more Phantasy Star Universe lately. The online portion is significantly funner when you find a class and style that fits what you like, but the time it takes to create a character that is of any use in party situations is rediculous. I have this love/hate relationship with the game right now. My CAST ranger kicks ass, and my Human hunter... well, needs to find something better to do with his time.
NR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VsPluckyDuck wrote:
Anyways, Yggdra Union. There aren't words to describe how much I am enjoying this game, currently. I'm about 4, 5 hours in and having a blast. Why did this game get no GBA honours in the GoTY awards? Yeesh. Makes me wish I'd played it while we could still vote.
It's very complicated, but in a good way.

It's the best game on Game Boy Advance. It should have absolutely been our Game Boy Advance GotY. There was no justification for a port winning that instead of an amazing original game. I'm truthfully pretty mad about it.
VsPluckyDuck
Duckslit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sethimothy wrote:
Quote:
Yggdra Union

That's like the third person on this board I've heard talk about this game. Write a review of it already so I can remember it the next time I go game shopping.

To be fair, I was not a big fan of Riviera, but everything I've heard about Yggdra says "Buy! Buy! Buy!" Except, maybe, the card system. I've never been a fan of card systems in games, ever.

A review would be quite a ways off, as I'm maybe 5 hours into a 30+ hour game. But I'll try.

As for the card system, it's not really about cards. If you called them "Tactics" or "Spirits" or something, it probably wouldn't even be of mention. They're not really used for attacking anyways--they are more like tactics for what you can undertake in a given turn of battle, like how far you can move, which attacks will be the strongest and what skills can be used. And for every factor a card adds, there are three from other elements within the system, so the difference they make only comes to a certain point.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a couple of tutorial battles in Yggdra Union. It seemed a little convoluted, but fun. I might pick it up again later, when I get done rockin Mazes of Motherfuckin Fate.
20th Century Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NR wrote:
It's the best game on Game Boy Advance.

wow, really? I don't see how it could possibly top Tactics Ogre, or for that matter, FFTA. I only tried the tutorial battles and wasn't impressed. Maybe I'll give it another go sometime. I haven't played a good SRPG in a long time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> RPG/Video Game Discussion All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 217, 218, 219  Next
Page 32 of 219
Jump to: