RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MOVIES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timrpgland
Founder, Est. 1999

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanging out with the family meant we had to watch movies.

Over Christmas we watched these movies which I had not seen until then.

The Davinci Code (sucks unless you have no idea what the concept is coming in)
Pirates 2 (boooooring....)
Clerks 2 (pretty funny but it lost some steam and didn't really go into the whole customer evals/bitches)
Ali G: In Da House (plenty of cheese of course but we had to watch it with the whole Sacha trend going on. I thought it had some very awesome moments though)
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Children of Men. Brilliant. The extended, one-shot scenes are fucking rediculous in the best way. I thought the extended shot from the end of Kill Bill 1 was great, but Cuaron managed to blow it out of the water, twice. The scene during the battle at the fugee camp has to be seen to be believed. I actually think Cuaron deserves a best director award for this, but at the very least this movie needs cinematography awards up the wazoo.
Bloody persistant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MUST SEE PAN'S LABYRINTH

But I'm not sure if it's coming here Sad
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah find that too. Between the Departed, Pan's Labyrinth and Children of Men, this has probably been my favourite year for movies in a long, long time... Too bad none of those movies is going to get recognized by the Academy... The fucks.
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man all my friends have been raving about Little Miss Sunshine and I thought it was kind of boring. It was a decent movie I guess with some pretty funny parts, but they way oversold it. The only time I really laughed was the sarcasm scene.

Kind of wish I'd just watched Children of Men again... Guess I'll just have to wait til tomorrow.
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched The Secret of NIHM New Years Eve with a group of friends, all but one of them had not seen it. Very good oldschool fun.
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the football game on New Years Eve we watched The Wizard.

I LOVE THE POWER GLOVE.... ITS SO BAD...
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better Wizard movie
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizards is awesome. That 6.2 rating on IMDB is bullshit.
True Gamer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apocalypto wins. Great atmosphere even if the end is a little hard to believe. Nice ending though if you can suspend disbelief. I mean what are the odds? If you see it then you'll understand what I mean.

I need to see The Departed.
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Children of Men again today, which is the first time I've watched a movie more than once within a day of the initial viewing, in pretty much as long as I can remember. Can you guys tell I'm really excited about it? I'm still planning on going to see it this weekend in the theatre, since I have a feeling it's going to be worth it to catch it on a big screen.

There's a really rad interview with Alfonso Cuaron at RT in case anyone actually cares to read it. Not sure if it will be as interesting without having seen the movie though.
I'd like to see this

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you torrent it, LiQuid?
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there's award screeners out there.
Duckslit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went in to town today to check out the Movie Gallery here, which is a very lame chain of movie rental stores, and they have shelves and shelves of really old, obscure cult VHS movies for next to nothing. I'd like to get back there for a longer browse so I can maybe find something worthwhile. Anybody have suggestions for stuff to keep my eyes peeled for, next time I go?
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VsPluckyDuck wrote:
We went in to town today to check out the Movie Gallery here, which is a very lame chain of movie rental stores, and they have shelves and shelves of really old, obscure cult VHS movies for next to nothing. I'd like to get back there for a longer browse so I can maybe find something worthwhile. Anybody have suggestions for stuff to keep my eyes peeled for, next time I go?

Blood Dolls
Toxic Avenger
Ravenous
Trainspotting
Founder, Est. 1999

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Trainspotting, has anyone here seen Millions? It's kind of a gay family/christmas show but when I checked it out on HBO or whatever I ended up watching the whole thing. All in all, pretty good imo.
The Great White Bear of Sunflower Street

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim: haven't.

Also, http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117956533.html?categoryid=13&cs=1
Quote:
Adult Swim's feature version of surreal animated series "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" has been set for a March release by First Look Pictures with an opening of more than 800 playdates.

The 86-minute pic, written, produced and directed by co-creators Matt Maiellaro and Dave Willis, marks First Look's initial theatrical foray into animation as well as Adult Swim's first feature under the Williams Street banner.

The film centers on the origins of "Hunger Force" characters Meatwad, Frylock and Master Shake and an immortal piece of exercise equipment threatening the balance of galactic peace.

"It was too big a story to do in 11 minutes," Willis told Daily Variety. "It's based on our fear of exercise equipment."

Maiellaro and Willis will be voicing several parts each, and several members of the TV cast will be reprising their roles. Bruce Campbell and Neil Peart of the band Rush provide voice talent as well.

"Aqua Teen Hunger Force" premiered in September 2001, when Adult Swim launched. More than 60 episodes of the series have been completed.

I'll see it.
Owozifa
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VsPluckyDuck wrote:

Tammy and the T-Rex

I've wanted to see this one, personally, simply for the element of the bizarre. High school cheerleader meets boyfriend. Boyfriend pwnd by lions. (!?) Mad doctor places boyfriend's brain in robotic dinosaur. Hijinks ensue.

Also, you might find one of my favorite bad movies of all time - Inframan. I can't really say much about Inframan other than he's good fun and has Thunderball fists!
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to see something really weird then watch Brazil.
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idin Leis wrote:
If you want to see something really weird then watch Brazil.

If you were talking to me, I have. It happens to be one of my favorite movies. I doubt any good version will be found on some VHS shelf though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> Misc. Discussion All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 16 of 39
Jump to: